Firmware Updates, Patches, USB Drivers 32/64-bit

Aug 8, 2010
So lets get this right?

1. ROM Flash the unit with http://randomtechinfo.com/augen/gent...chv3-Lincs.zip
2. ROM Flash again the unit with http://randomtechinfo.com/augen/gent...chv3-Lincs.zip

OK. Dumb question... I already applied Augen's #1 and #2 patches, can I still use these updates? If not what do I do? Does the first ROM Flash give you root AND Clockwork? How, specifically, will I know when root is successful? I know that with my Droid Inc, a superuser app showed up.

Last edited:

tipstir

Developer
Aug 4, 2010
OK. Dumb question... I already applied Augen's #1 and #2 patches, can I still use these updates? If not what do I do? Does the first ROM Flash give you root AND Clockwork? How, specifically, will I know when root is successful? I know that with my Droid Inc, a superuser app showed up.

Well yes. You ROM Flash with this one using the Update.bat (gentouch78patchv3-Lincs) just like you would from AuGen Patches. and Then the second one is done in the root of the SDCARD bootimg-su-googleapps-hosts-pirate.update3You press the House key when you power on to use the second step. Make sure the unit has AC power going to it for both steps. Step #1 USB to PC and AC Power to GT78, Step #2 AC Power only.

Last edited:

teknojnky

Aug 20, 2010
I had to use the factory default after applying the v3 update to get market working again.

settings > privacy > factory data reset

on the plus side, it does seem to run smoother than previous stock/updates.

Aug 8, 2010
Thanks Tek!!!! That got the market going. I have a couple more things to do now, re-install ROM Manager and a few other apps, then I'm turning this GT over to my son. We're gonna scour the the market for educational apps for him, he's 10 years old. I will however, keep an eye out for ways to tether this GT so that he can use it while we're on the road. I personally want a 10" pad for me.

tipstir

Developer
Aug 4, 2010
CacheMate for Root User will wipe out all those cache files. Thus gives you back some added partition memory.

bigrich424

Aug 8, 2010
I had to use the factory default after applying the v3 update to get market working again.

settings > privacy > factory data reset

on the plus side, it does seem to run smoother than previous stock/updates.

Ok so Yesterday, I was able to access market but today it is back to constantly downloading. Anyone else seeing this?

tipstir

Developer
Aug 4, 2010
Make sure you cancel those endless downloading processing that are not downloading.

joesc

Aug 9, 2010
Make sure you cancel those endless downloading processing that are not downloading.

That's all well and good. I've done that, but it doesn't solve the problem. Can't download from the Android Market anymore as far as I can tell.

bigrich424

Aug 8, 2010
That's all well and good. I've done that, but it doesn't solve the problem. Can't download from the Android Market anymore as far as I can tell.

Yeah same here... what is the deal? must have something to do with them all having the same MAC....

tipstir

Developer
Aug 4, 2010
AuGen didn't obtain a license to install Market and the rest of the Google Apps. So now AuGen has to remove them off the Gentouch78. But this is also the same for some China clone tablets where Market works then doesn't work. AuGen DEV Team have found a way around making Market work. Links are provided here in the forum. There are other Market App like AuGen gives you And App Market not the same but it works. Still the selling point is Android Market App with this tablet an the other brands of tablets. So for now you can get the fix and use Market or just download the apps you want from 3rd-party sites. Just like you download them from any PC into a download folder. Then click to install then open to run it. That's how I am doing. I have tablet where Market works but I really don't use Market that much.

joesc

Aug 9, 2010
Yeah same here... what is the deal? must have something to do with them all having the same MAC....
Well, I fixed it. Your machine needs an AndroidID. Follow the instructions from the augendev wiki to do it. While it looks hard, it's not. Just takes a little time.

If you have Lincrackers image, you just need to follow steps 18 - 28 (after installing ADB on your computer of course).

sifon187

Aug 22, 2010
User augendev announced the kernel has been released by Augen, click on the following link the to download the Kernel. Updates

Last edited:

cpg716

Jul 23, 2010
And you beat me again.. Lol. We need to make sure everyone knows.. So development can begin lol..

CPG