Firmware updates removed from sight.

Discussion in 'Le Pan Tablets' started by jaywal1172, Feb 28, 2012.

1. jaywal1172

jaywal1172 Member

Tablet / Device:
    Le Pan TC970
    I was just on the lepan web sight and noticed that the firmware upgrade for the tc970 has been removed. Searched the sight thinking that it may have been moved, no luck. Any ideas on whats going on?

2. Johna2u

Johna2u Senior Member

Tablet / Device:
    Le Pan II
    interesting. Maybe they are about to post a new update.

3. yann2

yann2 Senior Member

Tablet / Device:
    Le Pan TC970, Archos 101, Palm Pre2 webOS, HP Touchpad
    Went to LePan Product Support and indeed the firmware files are not showing.

Website seems to be redesigned, there's a notice at the front end about the LPIII coming soon. Maybe they forgot to include the link to the Firmware?

There's copies available at another Forum, he's mirroring official and leaked firmwares. Ask if you are interested. ;)

EDIT :

Hey, guess what - I just found the page with the firmware - it's not linked to the current site (Dooh, Le Pan - go hire dbaybay to do your website!! :mad:).

But it STILL can be seen at Latest Firmware for LePan TC 970 Tablet Computer

The naked directory. files listing only, can also be seen here : www.supportsyncfiles.com - /lepan/firmware/

Last edited: Feb 29, 2012
    • Like Like x 2
  4. pogoj

pogoj Member

Tablet / Device:
    Le Pan TC970
    I got a response from Le Pan support today indicating that they plan to release a TC970 firmware update in the next week or two. I have asked them what it will include.

5. yann2

yann2 Senior Member

Tablet / Device:
    pogoj, JohnA2u has posted he got the same response too. So a new version is coming, should be soon.

Check their directory for new files : www.supportsyncfiles.com - /lepan/firmware/ (currently has 4431 and 4626 versions)

6. pogoj

pogoj Member

Tablet / Device:
    Le Pan TC970
    Thanks yann2. The choice will be going for another 2.2 upgrade or taking the plunge and taking advantage of all the work you and others have been doing on the CM7 upgrade to 2.3. I'm thinking the latter may make more sense.

7. J515OP

J515OP Super Moderator Staff Member

Tablet / Device:
    Nook Color, Nook Tablet 16GB, Vizio VTab, Nexus 7
    CM7 is the way to go no doubt :) Thank your developers and testers for their work.

8. yann2

yann2 Senior Member

Tablet / Device:
    Thanks, pogoj. :)

If you get clockWorkMod and do a full backup, you can try CM7 and see what it's like, yet still have all of your data, programs and settings intact if you want to go back to factory default.

I found CM so pretty, fast and slick, right on the Beta0 launch, that I stuck with it, added sound drivers, etc, updated to the newer versions as they came out. It's been a fun ride. :)

Just went by to check on XDA, in case cas_xp has a new Beta out; it's probably going to happen soon, I think.

Sometime soon we should get some more test versions of MIUI Gingerbread for the TC970, which dbaybay is working on. He's receiving a new TC970 tablet, and that will make testing and releasing for it a lot easier.