Firmware updates removed from sight.

jaywal1172

Dec 27, 2011
I was just on the lepan web sight and noticed that the firmware upgrade for the tc970 has been removed. Searched the sight thinking that it may have been moved, no luck. Any ideas on whats going on?

yann2

Jan 24, 2012
Went to LePan Product Support and indeed the firmware files are not showing.

Website seems to be redesigned, there's a notice at the front end about the LPIII coming soon. Maybe they forgot to include the link to the Firmware?

There's copies available at another Forum, he's mirroring official and leaked firmwares. Ask if you are interested. ;)

EDIT :

Hey, guess what - I just found the page with the firmware - it's not linked to the current site (Dooh, Le Pan - go hire dbaybay to do your website!! :mad:).

But it STILL can be seen at Latest Firmware for LePan TC 970 Tablet Computer

The naked directory. files listing only, can also be seen here : www.supportsyncfiles.com - /lepan/firmware/

Last edited:

pogoj

Dec 28, 2011
I got a response from Le Pan support today indicating that they plan to release a TC970 firmware update in the next week or two. I have asked them what it will include.

pogoj

Dec 28, 2011
Thanks yann2. The choice will be going for another 2.2 upgrade or taking the plunge and taking advantage of all the work you and others have been doing on the CM7 upgrade to 2.3. I'm thinking the latter may make more sense.

J515OP

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2011
CM7 is the way to go no doubt :) Thank your developers and testers for their work.

yann2

Jan 24, 2012
Thanks, pogoj. :)

If you get clockWorkMod and do a full backup, you can try CM7 and see what it's like, yet still have all of your data, programs and settings intact if you want to go back to factory default.

I found CM so pretty, fast and slick, right on the Beta0 launch, that I stuck with it, added sound drivers, etc, updated to the newer versions as they came out. It's been a fun ride. :)

Just went by to check on XDA, in case cas_xp has a new Beta out; it's probably going to happen soon, I think.

Sometime soon we should get some more test versions of MIUI Gingerbread for the TC970, which dbaybay is working on. He's receiving a new TC970 tablet, and that will make testing and releasing for it a lot easier.