Firmware upgrade issue

jacobjohn1981

Jun 29, 2012
I am having a C91. From yesterday I am getting "start kernel error" on booting the tablet. I am trying to flash the firmware from zenithink[Zenithink]. I have formatted SD card and put the zt-update in root. On starting the tablet with camera + start button, it shows mmc update mode and system update starting. After that screen goes blank and no updates on screen. Do this mean that still firmware update is happening or something is wrong? Screen is powered on but showing no logs..even after 30 min...Any one faced this issue?

the model no shows- M3C91-8gb-1a-H3-sa083

Kingsman

Oct 31, 2011
jacobjohn1981 said:
I am having a C91. From yesterday I am getting "start kernel error" on booting the tablet. I am trying to flash the firmware from zenithink[Zenithink]. I have formatted SD card and put the zt-update in root. On starting the tablet with camera + start button, it shows mmc update mode and system update starting. After that screen goes blank and no updates on screen. Do this mean that still firmware update is happening or something is wrong? Screen is powered on but showing no logs..even after 30 min...Any one faced this issue?

the model no shows- M3C91-8gb-1a-H3-sa083

Hi, download the latest firmware from zenithink.com. It looks like you'll need to setup your "Zt-update" folder from a pc. The folder goes in the main directory of your external sd card, not in root. If you'd like, I can send this folder to you as an attachment. Let me know what happens when you use it. It takes a few minutes to install, but certainly no more than 10 minutes or so.

Last edited:

trashbt89

Jul 22, 2012
Hi, download the latest firmware from zenithink.com. It looks like you'll need to setup your "Zt-update" folder from a pc. The folder goes in the main directory of your external sd card, not in root. If you'd like, I can send this folder to you as an attachment. Let me know what happens when you use it. It takes a few minutes to install, but certainly no more than 10 minutes or so.

Hi there jacobjohn1981 & kingsman
I have the same problem too, does your problem fixed? if so, please say me how do you repair the problem.
Kingsman! please send me the folder if it is possible.my email: [email protected]

I am in an emergency, please help me rapidly. thanks in advance.