Firmware Upgrade to Android 2.2 with FLASH and ACTIVE WALLPAPERS - WORKING NOW!!!

andypandy42

Jan 6, 2011
Zenithink have released a new version of the ZT180 mk1 Android 2.2 firmware, and yes, you read the title right, it DOES support flash - to a certain point!

I got the firmware (20110324) from here: 10inch_2GB+256MB_android2.2.rar???????|????-????-??????

And the flash player from here: flash??__ Angry birds.rar???????|????-????-??????

They are from Zenithink - I was routed to these 2 pages from the Zenithink site.

I won't go into the technical details of how to flash and install the 2 ".apk" files (one is the flash player and one is a version of Angry Birds that installs fine). FLASH YOUR FIRMWARE AT YOUR OWN RISK!!

Under this version of 2.2, the tablet desktop is a bit slower but not noticeable after a while. Some games like "3d Tank Recon" run faster and smoother.

Some apps are missing from the marketplace. Hopefully someone will post a fix for this.

The "SKYPE light" (beta) installed with the firmware seems to work - but insists on using 3G (not WIFI). I can't get the latest full version to try because it is missing from the marketplace (does anyone know where I can get it)?

The free "Aquarium" active wallpaper from the marketplace works fine. The animation is smooth and colorful as the fish swim about. The only drawback is when you go to the apps drawer, it takes a few seconds to switch over. It's better if you turn off the "zoom" animation.

With the Dolphin HD browser (from the marketplace), you can set plug-ins (flash) to be available "Always", "On-Demand" or "Never". If you set it to "On Demand" and load a webpage with flash you get a green downward-pointing arrow in a blank box where the flash should be. Tap the arrow and THE FLASH STARTS RUNNING!

Be warned though, it works great on the low demand stuff like advertising banners and small games but anything bigger and the tablet struggles. Video streaming is jerky - but maybe there's a setting I haven't found yet?

Cheers,

Last edited:

andypandy42

Jan 6, 2011
Additional note: I "rooted" the tablet and changed it's fingerprint. Now I can see the whole marketplace again. But the latest full version of SKYPE (from the marketplace) still doesn't seem to work.

GAH2402

Apr 9, 2011
Hi AndyPandy42,

Just joined the forum, and managed to upgrade from 1030 to 0324. I'm pretty new to all this, so forgive my questions. I have browsed Android Market, but couldn't actually tell if any apps were missing. How do I root my tablet, and what did you actually do? Am I also correct in saying I can change the Wi-Fi settings from root so the tablet doesn't get so hot?

GAH