First Impressions - Verizon Motorola Xoom

pbrauer

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 24, 2010
So I have been lucky enough (I think) to get a demo Xoom from Verizon for 30 days, which I just received. Having been on my Viewsonic G-Tablet running Honeycomb for a while I am thinking this is a nice bit of kit, but not sure yet if it is worth all the extra $$.

Couple of things I am noticing right off, Bluetooth connection to my Logitech BT Keyboard was a snap (I expected that!), but also was a snap to connect to my MS-5000 Bluetooth mouse, which I was not expecting. Very happy with that.

Overall feel is nice, build quality seems to be good and solid. I am a little disappointed that several of my favorite apps don't appear to be compatible, but I will be playing a little more in depth with that tonight. Those are design issues, not Verizon issues.

Couple of fiddly things, market does not load in portrait, charger goes in the bottom...so I have to pick either on the charger in Portrait, or unplugged when I go to the market...I am sure this too can be figured out.

Setup was exceeding easy in terms of getting on the Verizon 3g network. I am doing this from Eden Prairie which is a 2nd-ring suburb of Minneapolis so 3g connectivity is strong, as expected. I will be trying this out all over the metro and will try to be good about reporting what my network connectivity is like elsewhere. I can report right now that I have full signal, which is not something my AT&T iPad users can say when they try to connect here in my building. So as far as that goes, Verizon is MUCH better than AT&T in connectivity here at the office.

More to come soon, but overall I give it positive marks for the unboxing!

fechina

Mar 1, 2011
How were u able to get a demo?? I would really like to do that..

Sent from my Xoom using Android Tablet Forum