First Post

Roentgen

Jun 3, 2012
Just joined to learn about the android tablets. I have an IPAD but one of my biggest needs is Flash so I'll need to change platforms. Looking forward to reading everyone's views.

leeshor

Dec 27, 2011
A hearty welcome to the forum,

Looking for Flash and looking for a tablet here are both likely good moves.

Frederuco

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jul 6, 2011
Welcome to the forum!

First, iPads SUCK!

Haha, no, not really. They are nice, but I love my Android too much. My wife on the other hand loves her iPad.

Well, glad to have you here.

What are your needs for Flash? Some flash items do not play properly (Facebook Games for one). Some are fine, others are not.

Roentgen

Jun 3, 2012
My flash needs are primarily for some of our local sports live audio and video casts. They require flash to play. I work on a pc all day and can't really play them on the same pc I'm working on. So, it would be nice to have a tablet to play on the side. I'm sure most of the apps I use on the ipad are available for android as well.

Thanks for the welcomes.

Spider

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 24, 2011
Hello Roentgen,

Welcome to Android.Tablets.Net and Android tablets.:eek: Nice to have you here as a member of the forum, glad you decided to join.

To get started learning about Android, I'd suggest you click this link to the Android Tablet Q&A section. Read the "Sticky:" threads at the beginning for some good general information about Android tablets and Android.

The best place on the forum for "shopping" information and recommendations is the Android Tablet Discussions section. I'm going to move your thread over there for you so folks can discuss your tablet requirements with you and hopefully make some suggestions for that "Perfect Tablet". Good luck!

Spider:cool:

BTW Congratulations on that X-Ray thing, they've proven to be very useful.:rolleyes:

Frederuco

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jul 6, 2011
I watch sports feeds on my tablet all the time (mostly Hockey and American Football). It should fit do what you are looking for.

SpeMall.com

Jul 13, 2011
Just joined to learn about the android tablets. I have an IPAD but one of my biggest needs is Flash so I'll need to change platforms. Looking forward to reading everyone's views.

Hi Roentgen, welcome to the forum, you can have a look at the Cube U30GT dual core, it will be a good ipad alternative. hope your beloved tablet soon! :)

18timmy

May 21, 2012
hi Roentgen! welcome to the forums! hope you'll find what you need soon. a lot of members here are willing to help you :)

Roentgen

Jun 3, 2012
I carry the ipad in my briefcase and use it for a handful of games, Wifi log in and for a few books, like the bible, that I carry with me. Also to hold a lot of pics and some music. So, a nice, high res, 10 inch screen is what I'm after. The new ASUS infinity (700t) coming out later this month or early July may suit my needs though it will be expensive, but I've notoriously always gone way more power than I ever use on all of my computer purchases.

That Cube does look nice.

Again, I appreciate the welcomes and interest in helping. Nice friendly bunch here.

Last edited:

leeshor

Dec 27, 2011
I carry the ipad in my briefcase and use it for a handful of games, Wifi log in and for a few books, like the bible, that I carry with me. Also to hold a lot of pics and some music. So, a nice, high res, 10 inch screen is what I'm after. The new ASUS prime (700t) coming out later this month or early July may suit my needs though it will be expensive, but I've notoriously always gone way more power than I ever use on all of my computer purchases.

That Cube does look nice.

Again, I appreciate the welcomes and interest in helping. Nice friendly bunch here.

It will be the Infinity 700T but yes, it's going to be really sweet all the way around. The Prime fyi, is the TF201.