First time post. Streaming media from PC>

shadowztaff

Jan 28, 2011
Is there a way to do this similar to how Windows & allows the media push to an xbox360 for example? I have attempted to locate anything of the sort, and have yet to come up with anything.

I have the Coby Kyros MID7015-4G.

It would make me sad if it did not have the capability, seeing as I was able to do so with a small nokia tablet I bought some time ago, using maemo. That tech is old news, and I would think that Android 2.1 would be able to accomplish this.

Also, I know about orb, but was wondering if there is a way to simply accept the media push from homegroup, or a software that could do this.

Thanks for any help! :)

probbiethe1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jun 30, 2010
there are plenty of apps that do this, but its not built into android like its built in to the xbox 360 and thats probably do to the fact that Microsoft didnt make both devices as in the example

shadowztaff

Jan 28, 2011
Could you give me an example of any apps that accomplish this? beyond Orb. that was the only one I could really find.

Phishhead

Jan 2, 2011
I use ES file manager. Then just browse to my media shares.

Sent from my sdk using Android Tablet Forum App

tekowalsky

Jan 1, 2011
I think what you are looking for is software to stream video from a PC, perhaps? (Not just access fileshares.)

You might look into PlayOn. I use it to stream hulu and netflix from my home server to a media PC attached to my TV.

I haven't tried to view the streams on a tablet so I can't say what client software you would need. My tablet is on the way. I'll probably be trying to get this to work when the tablet arrives.

shadowztaff

Jan 28, 2011
I was actually able to Use ES file Manager as recommended. Frankly I love it! I tested it with tropic thunder. :) WANT SOME GET SOME!

GotNet

Jan 1, 2011
I think what you are looking for is software to stream video from a PC, perhaps? (Not just access fileshares.)

You might look into PlayOn. I use it to stream hulu and netflix from my home server to a media PC attached to my TV.

I haven't tried to view the streams on a tablet so I can't say what client software you would need. My tablet is on the way. I'll probably be trying to get this to work when the tablet arrives.
I think you are right - he did mention push and Playon looks interesting. Seems several have been successful running on Android. OT for a sec: Why would you use Playon if you have a media PC already at your TV?

Last edited: