Fix Bootlooped Coby 7033 Tablets

Slider2732

Sep 21, 2013
Let's hope mine is from the same batch as yours Todd !
As in, from the same day, between 10am and 11am on a Friday by the looks of it lol

Maybe Alex's will boot with a Coby logo, who knows, but hopefully these big differences are actually a positive and there was just a cobbled together early version that was then streamlined and reworked.
Will report back. Will use Todd's 7033_dump, as linked in this thread a few posts back.

Oh, just to ask Vampire, do I rename the files ? noting the filenames in Todd's dump are different to the filenames in yours ?

vampirefo.

Developer
Nov 8, 2011
Let's hope mine is from the same batch as yours Todd !
As in, from the same day, between 10am and 11am on a Friday by the looks of it lol

Maybe Alex's will boot with a Coby logo, who knows, but hopefully these big differences are actually a positive and there was just a cobbled together early version that was then streamlined and reworked.
Will report back. Will use Todd's 7033_dump, as linked in this thread a few posts back.

Oh, just to ask Vampire, do I rename the files ? noting the filenames in Todd's dump are different to the filenames in yours ?

At this point all you need is to download utscript_32MB rename to utscript place it and a boot.img on your sdcard, volume up + power, I recommend using the boot.img from my files as it's really a renamed recovery with adb support. however you can use any boot.img you like, if it boots beyond the flashing screen then we can continue.

mcclain_ts

Aug 29, 2013
Sure hope so! Time and patience, and MANY of the bricked/softbricked MID7033s will once again be useful. I know there has to be MANY people who probably threw some in the garbage even. A shame really.
But ya, I am a firm believer that Vampirefo.'s going to solve these tablets, as well as the MANY imperfections Coby unfortunately added/neglected before allowing them to be sold.
Hope you're ALL havin' a great day! Cold here, overcast/cloudy, gray skies here in Oregon. No rain however.(good or bad)
I imagine the weather's about the same over in Italy. And Sicily too.(for that matter) Miss that chicken! (chicken cacciatore) And the calamari too.(smilz)

Slider2732

Sep 21, 2013
WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOT ;)

*cough* ok calming down.
The 7033 has rebooted into the recovery.
Now to test adb :)

Alex, I removed all previous files from this 8GB SD card. Then copied Vampire's 7033_fix files across with his new utscript.
Fingers crossed that yours reboots too.

Update
--------
adb works !!!!

$Screenshot - 01032014 - 04:19:27 PM.png

Last edited:

vampirefo.

Developer
Nov 8, 2011
WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOT ;)

*cough* ok calming down.
The 7033 has rebooted into the recovery.
Now to test adb :)

Alex, I removed all previous files from this 8GB SD card. Then copied Vampire's 7033_fix files across with his new utscript.
Fingers crossed that yours reboots too.

Update
--------
adb works !!!!

View attachment 12124

the next step is to follow through with first post repair and install system, then boot into tablet.

Hopefully alexzamp is following along, and is having the same good results.

Last edited:

mcclain_ts

Aug 29, 2013
GREAT progress! Almost makes me wish I had a bricked unit too.(warm smilz) I still need to get hold of the CW and system you built for these units Vampire. I know you posted 'em/about 'em. I just need to meander my way back over to the thread where the downloads you posted are. This forum can be a "myriad" at times, trying to bookmark/and remember where things lie.(should we need them/need them again and again.(warm smilz) GREAT progress fellas!

vampirefo.

Developer
Nov 8, 2011
GREAT progress! Almost makes me wish I had a bricked unit too.(warm smilz) I still need to get hold of the CW and system you built for these units Vampire. I know you posted 'em/about 'em. I just need to meander my way back over to the thread where the downloads you posted are. This forum can be a "myriad" at times, trying to bookmark/and remember where things lie.(should we need them/need them again and again.(warm smilz) GREAT progress fellas!

You only need them if your tablet gets messed up your tablet is working just fine, so no real need for them.

mcclain_ts

Aug 29, 2013
Ladies and gentlemen, we have a winner !
Or in this case, a Vimicro.

Vampire, check your Paypal and have a coffee on me :)
And please, anyone in the future reading this thread and benefitting from the wonderful help, do chip in to make his time rewarded.
Thank you :)

View attachment 12126View attachment 12127

------------------------------------------------------------------------
SUCCESS!!!(warm smilz) Way to go!!!

I've been wondering about this "Buy me a coffee/PayPal" thing. Where can I sign up?? ?(warm smilz) There should DEFINITELY be a "sticky" regarding this one!(smilz)
----------
Sorry for accidentally reposting your images. But what the HAY!(hell) This kind of success well deserves the notarioty!!!(warm smilz) Again, WAY TO GO!

Last edited:

mcclain_ts

Aug 29, 2013
Found the "Donations Appreciated" link. Sorry for my earlier question/s. Now I just need to figure out the PayPal signup portion...

Thanks!

vampirefo.

Developer
Nov 8, 2011
Ladies and gentlemen, we have a winner !
Or in this case, a Vimicro.

Vampire, check your Paypal and have a coffee on me :)
And please, anyone in the future reading this thread and benefitting from the wonderful help, do chip in to make his time rewarded.
Thank you :)

This is the goal, to get the tablet working, hope alexzamp has same success.

coby7035

Jan 3, 2014
This is the goal, to get the tablet working, hope alexzamp has same success.

Hi vampirefo
I've been reading the whole thread while trying to fix a bootlooped coby mid7035.
I have pretty much no knowledge at all about tablet...
I've tried the first step, to boot with the sdcard which "fatload boot.img" and nand write it.

So far it works, it then reboots, but then it goes on "Android System Recovery <3e>"
And not your modified recovery..... sadly enough!

What information do you need, how to get it ?

I'm running Win7 64 bits.

By the way, I'm impress with all the progress that have been doing here since the last month...
Like I said, IU don't know much about tablets, but it was an interesting reading here!
:)

Thanks in advance

vampirefo.

Developer
Nov 8, 2011
Hi vampirefo
I've been reading the whole thread while trying to fix a bootlooped coby mid7035.
I have pretty much no knowledge at all about tablet...
I've tried the first step, to boot with the sdcard which "fatload boot.img" and nand write it.

So far it works, it then reboots, but then it goes on "Android System Recovery <3e>"
And not your modified recovery..... sadly enough!

What information do you need, how to get it ?

I'm running Win7 64 bits.

By the way, I'm impress with all the progress that have been doing here since the last month...
Like I said, IU don't know much about tablets, but it was an interesting reading here!
:)

Thanks in advance

Android System Recovery <3e> is my recovery,

once your tablets boots into Android System Recovery <3e>

adb shell

cw_recovery.sh

should uncloak my recovery.

is there a 7035 backup?

you need it to restore and fix your tablet, the 7033 and 7035 use same recovery, but not same system or boot.img

post output from

cat /proc/mtd

Last edited:

mcclain_ts

Aug 29, 2013
Found the "Donations Appreciated" link. Sorry for my earlier question/s. Now I just need to figure out the PayPal signup portion...

Thanks!
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Embarrassed to admit this but,...
I haven't had a bank account (nor a Visa/MasterCard) since late 2007.(sighs)
I WILL find a way to use the PayPal!(buy the man a coffee/some coffee) It's WELL deserved! If I can't find a way to setup an account, I'll just send a tablet or two. Hopefully something you like, can use, or that's easy to sell.(warm smilz)
At any rate, I will definitely figure out a way to contribute/compensate you for ALL the time, hard work, and diligence you put into helping/assisting myself and others' here.(warm smilz)
Thanks again Vampirefo!