Fix for the Wifi Speed problems on Coby 7022

daprospecta

Jun 16, 2011
"I got my wifi working with a program called "advanced wifi lock free" from market. Just disable the wifi timeout on the setting." EPI
EPI got it working this way which is much easier. Much thanks to EPI.

Last edited:

nba1341

Jul 4, 2011
Go download an app called Wifi fixer in the market. It's free.
Set Wifi usability to max wifi.
Click Advanced Options.
Click Wifi Sleep Policy and change to Never.
Check the 'NEXUS One Sleep Fix' Option.
Reboot.

This will drain your battery a little bit faster(not much) but your wifi will work better and it won't slow down after you wake it up from sleeping. This will work until Telechips releases a kernel so we can get a custom kernel working. Any questions just ask here or send me a pm.

I tried this and it didnt work :/

What did you set the other settings too? I noticed that even though i have Nexus One Sleep Fix checked as well as Wifi Sleep Policy to Never it is still reconnected to wifi when I turn back on the screen and I am limited to .40mbps again.

nba1341

Jul 4, 2011
Tried a combination of different settings still couldnt get it to work. Everytime I wake up screen the app is PASSING then says CONNECTED but wifi def disconnects when screen goes off

Are you rooted or something?

Last edited:

daprospecta

Jun 16, 2011
Tried a combination of different settings still couldnt get it to work. Everytime I wake up screen the app is PASSING then says CONNECTED but wifi def disconnects when screen goes off

Are you rooted or something?

I'm rooted but that shouldn't matter. I don't think

Sent from my MID7022 using Android Tablet Forum

nba1341

Jul 4, 2011
Damn well I never got it to wprk I figured it would need root to prevent wifi from sleepingPlease someone else with a 7022 try this out and see if it fixes for them

epi

Jun 23, 2011
I got my wifi working with a program called "advanced wifi lock free" from market. Just disable the wifi timeout on the setting.

nba1341

Jul 4, 2011
I got my wifi working with a program called "advanced wifi lock free" from market. Just disable the wifi timeout on the setting.

Sweet this app did the trick! Had screen off for 30 mins but wifi stayed on and is still at full speed

Thank you to the both of you!

XRing

Jul 5, 2011
Sweet this app did the trick! Had screen off for 30 mins but wifi stayed on and is still at full speed

Thank you to the both of you!

Hey! No ads either! I'm going to try this one too. I wonder of Coby will have any
OS update revisions coming out? :rolleyes:

nba1341

Jul 4, 2011
Hey! No ads either! I'm going to try this one too. I wonder of Coby will have any
OS update revisions coming out? :rolleyes:

Well they finally added the tablet to their website! So there is hope!

EDIT: its actually on their website as coming soon so maybe we are their test subjects before they release an update when they make it available everywhere