Flash 10.1 on S7

NevadaDave

Mar 2, 2011
I'm sure that most have seen the flash for 2.1 stuff on the internet. I have installed this apk, and Flash shows up in my apps list, but I have not been able to watch flash-required sites, such as playon. I always get a message that "Flash Player needs to be installed on your device". I tried Skyfire in both mobile & desktop modes, with no luck.
Has anyone successfully integrated Flash into their browser on a 2.1 S7, or gotten playon to run?

vferrari

Dec 4, 2010
I'm sure that most have seen the flash for 2.1 stuff on the internet. I have installed this apk, and Flash shows up in my apps list, but I have not been able to watch flash-required sites, such as playon. I always get a message that "Flash Player needs to be installed on your device". I tried Skyfire in both mobile & desktop modes, with no luck.
Has anyone successfully integrated Flash into their browser on a 2.1 S7, or gotten playon to run?

No joy here, unfortunately. The ability to seamlessly run PlayOn and accessories support (e.g., docking station, A/V output cable, and external keyboard) is the main reason I defected from the S7 to a Galaxy Tab (got a used one off eBay at a great price point as users dump their tabs for the Xoom and other newly released tabs). Hopefully, that 2.2 upgrade for the S7 will come soon - but I've moved on without looking back and can now enjoy last night's Daily Show episode on the morning commute or catch a Netflix movie on the go. If you are a PlayOn junkie, I highly recommend the SGT as the device of choice, for now.

Sent from my SPH-P100

NevadaDave

Mar 2, 2011
What vferrari said.....
So, it looks like I'll just dump the 10.1 I installed, as it obviously is not doing any good at all.

dublea

Feb 22, 2011
Uh...that's the problem, no Froyo update for the S7, otherwise we wouldn't be posting about it.

No Froyo update yet. Might see it by the end of the month or next. I expect Hauwei to release it when their new devices hit the market.

NevadaDave

Mar 2, 2011
OK, so when Flash 10.1 is installed on a 2.1 S7, how is it supposed to "hook" to a browser? If a website is looking for Flash 10.0 or higher, why does the Android system not say, "I've got it!"? Is there some kind of setting somewhere that makes this connection?

dublea

Feb 22, 2011
OK, so when Flash 10.1 is installed on a 2.1 S7, how is it supposed to "hook" to a browser? If a website is looking for Flash 10.0 or higher, why does the Android system not say, "I've got it!"? Is there some kind of setting somewhere that makes this connection?

Flash doesn't work with 2.1. It will be enabled on 2.2 or higher whenever an update is released.

NevadaDave

Mar 2, 2011
Woo hoo! SOC rooted 2.2.2 S7 and stock browser with Flash 10.2! It is like a new S7! I see that Best Buy is advertising what might be the S7 Slim for $300 USD. After upgrading my S7 to 2.2.2, I'm not nearly as jealous of the new one. The cap screen would be nice, though. I guess we'll wait a bit & see how things shake out. At any rate, this thread will just slowly fade away........