Flash 11..still a security risk?

l8asusul

Apr 29, 2012
I know there was a post in one of these threads about there being an issue with the Flash 11 build ???? Can't find now, and the Android App forums had nothing. Anyone know more?

J515OP

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2011
There shouldn't be any securities issues with Flash 11 other than it hasn't been "optimized" for all builds meaning some people resort to side loading the apk. Just be careful that you get the apk from a trusted source or a reputable site and you shouldn't have any problems.

l8asusul

Apr 29, 2012
The word is they were pushing a build 11.2 through Google Play, but I rooted my 7042 last night and installed the player app from Google and it is 11.1.115.7 so don't know what's going on.

Teatime

Nov 2, 2011
What are some good sources for a free download, J515? I just got my 7042 and need to install a flash player!

Btw, I'm finding that some standard apps don't appear to be working, and it's the app's issue not a Coby issue. Is it beause they haven't been upgraded to function on Ice Cream Sandwich?

l8asusul

Apr 29, 2012
@Teatime
Have you rooted your device yet? If not, besides the GetJAR, which isn't bad, there is 1Mobil or 1Mobil Market. I found a lot on stuff on there. Use your Browser to go to their web page and download. Once you root your devise you have Google Play.

J515OP

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2011
What are some good sources for a free download, J515? I just got my 7042 and need to install a flash player!

Btw, I'm finding that some standard apps don't appear to be working, and it's the app's issue not a Coby issue. Is it beause they haven't been upgraded to function on Ice Cream Sandwich?

First you should see if you can get it from the Google Play store https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.adobe.flashplayer&hl=en

XDA is pretty reliable if not Adobe Flash Player 11 + AIR 3 Updates! (APK Format) (10/4/11) - xda-developers

J515OP

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2011
The word is they were pushing a build 11.2 through Google Play, but I rooted my 7042 last night and installed the player app from Google and it is 11.1.115.7 so don't know what's going on.

According to Adobe's site there is an update but it isn't quite 11.2. Adobe - Security Bulletins: APSB12-09 - Security update available for Adobe Flash Player

Users of Adobe Flash Player 11.1.115.7 and earlier versions on Android 4.x devices should update to Adobe Flash Player 11.1.115.8.
Users of Adobe Flash Player 11.1.111.8 and earlier versions for Android 3.x and earlier versions should update to Flash Player 11.1.111.9.

GetJar is also a good site.

Teatime

Nov 2, 2011
Thanks, y'all! I found Adobe Flash and Netflix in the 1Mobile market and they're working great! No, my Kyros isn't rooted. I just got it today, lol. I'm setting everything up and looking for the apps I had on my other Coby.

l8asusul

Apr 29, 2012
Just remember, don't get too attached with the apps if you are going to root it. You will have to start all over again. Still haven't gotten mine back to where it was before I rooted. A few of the programs behave differently, especially some of my sites videos that are not youtube. Still love it though.

grynchoid

Mar 30, 2012
Thanks, y'all! I found Adobe Flash and Netflix in the 1Mobile market and they're working great! No, my Kyros isn't rooted. I just got it today, lol. I'm setting everything up and looking for the apps I had on my other Coby.
OK !! so I, too went to 1 mobile and downloaded adobe flash to my cob 7042 , installed it, opened it (to settings) and that's all that happened. ---cold not do anything ion settings and dont notice any difference when using netflix . whatdid i miss??

Teatime

Nov 2, 2011
I'm not sure what you mean. Is Flash not working for you? Why did you want to change the settings? I installed it and it's working fine. Even plays Netflix on my TV (via a mini-HDMI cable) without a stutter.

RedDeer

May 3, 2012
(A lot of Bad and Confusing advice and Information above)

The Most Recent SECURE Version of Adobe Flash Player for ANDROID (As of May 20, 2012) :

Adobe FlashPlayer Version: 11.1.115.8 (for Android 4.x devices)

Adobe FlashPlayer Version: 11.1.111.9 (for Android 2.x and 3.x devices) (Not Right for Android 4.0 Tablets)

------------------------------
-
Go to Settings >> Apps >> All >> Adobe Flash Player >> Press to see Version
-
--------------------------
SOURCES for Flash Player Version 11.1.115.8:

Google Play Store OR APTOPS MARKET : http://www.apktops.com/adobe-flash-player-11-1-115-8-android-4-x.html (yes its safe) Direct HERE (yes its safe)
--

Flash Player Test Page: HERE -- Flash Player VERSION Test Page:HERE (scroll down)

Last edited:

HandsomeRob

Jul 13, 2012
Hi new member and just purchased the 8042-4 and am looking to get flash player installed i havent rooted it because i do not undertand the programs altho I am trying to teach myself as it looks like what I eventually want to do. I have used multiple links from this forum, different App stores and or versions of Flash Player aswell as trying different browsers and none appear to work including RedDeer's suggestions . I read some posts about sideloading the app, this is the onlything i havent done, is that what I need to do run the app from the sd or extsd or is that possible? I just want to get the flash player to work can anybody tell me if I have to root my 8042-4 to get flash player and if so help?

After posting this I wen't into my Dolphin browser on my 8042 n unto the settings selected display as desktop then did Reddeer's steps and Bam! Its working thanks!

Robbie

Last edited: