Flash and youtube....

RaVenJ

Jan 24, 2011
Can someone tell me a ROM that 100% works with both? I installed phiremod v5 assuming it did, but neither one works. Tell me a ROM and I'm flashing it tonight.

armyjeffries

Feb 23, 2011
I havent found one yet. I tried CM7 nightlies (although i stopped around cm12), and youtube worked intermittently. Phiremod beta2 worked with youtube, and maybe flash sometimes.

Now I'm trying ultimate droid 3.1.2, and youtube app doesnt work, but it does from browser. Flash does work.

I think the big thing will be youtube now, as flash 10.2 is out, and seems to be working pretty consistently.

LocalStain

Feb 10, 2011
Can someone tell me a ROM that 100% works with both? I installed phiremod v5 assuming it did, but neither one works. Tell me a ROM and I'm flashing it tonight.

Starting last night(22) CM7 nightlies support the Youtube app. It has a limited framerate but the resolution/quality is there. I am sure it is only a matter of time before we have full capabilities.
For the record Youtube works in DolphinHD (though not the app)on a number of builds if you have the "Desktop" user agent checked in the settings. There are several threads both on which builds have YT capabilities and the DHD work around...

armyjeffries

Feb 23, 2011
Awesome, I have been leaning towards trying CM7 nightlies again. I tried them up to cm12, and then jumped back to phiremod beta2. Wanted o give it a little more time to develop. In your opinion, is it ready for a daily driver?

Side note, my root explorer did not work with cm12, it DID work with phiremod beta2, but does NOT work again with Ultimate Droid (CM base). Do you know of a correlation with CM and root explorer FCing?

darmeen

Jan 8, 2011
It could have something to do with Froyo vs. Gingerbread army but that is only a theory. Considering that beta2 is froyo and all the CM builds (UD included) are gingerbread.

AnimaTechnica

Nov 4, 2010
i just flashed CM7, 22 nightly - youtube widget does not work however if you use dolphin (i use dolphin mini) and as stated by LocalStain if you set user agent of dolphin to desktop, you can play youtube and other flash sites albeit at a lower frame rate - passable for me - i checked youtube, livestream, vimeo, aviewTV, also downloaded SBP TV and that works as well

BT worked for me with the CM7 SD bootable with BT, but lost it once i switch to CM7 - 22 with internal install