flash choppiness

Yela57

Dec 3, 2011
merry christmas everyone. i finally opened my lepan and it is beautiful. screen is mint and the transition between screens is excellent. however, im having alot of trouble watching flash video. on the web as well as using the youtube app. the video is very choppy but the sound seems to be fine. i updated the firmware as well as the youtubeap but its still choppy. is this due to the lepan only having a single core or is something else possibly wrong? please help. 

gurgle

Super Moderator
Staff member
Aug 6, 2010
There are three common problems which cause flash choppiness. It could be any or all of these causes. There are actually more, but these are the most common.
1. Poor network connectivity or speed. If you are connected to anything less than a 36Mbit connection on a tablet, it tends to be choppy. Do not ask me why as most actual connections from the router are only 1-8Mbit. This problem is not seen on PCs as they cache more before playing.
2. Poor processor. I am not talking about how many Mhz/Ghz the processor is running. I am talking about a weak CPU.
3. Too many other competing apps loaded at the same time, or your device has too many widgets or too many apps running in the background
When does it happen. If it is from the very beginning, it could be any of the three. If it starts OK and then gets choppy after 1-5 min then it is likely #1 or #3 with #1 a major factor.
One other indicator of processor too weak is the Flash plays OK at low res, but horrible at high-res or HD.

Best of luck

Yela57

Dec 3, 2011
Ok so i decided to check my connection. Im using wifi tether from my 4G photon and it shows an excellent signal. I also connected our acer a500 to see how that runs and it flawlessly plays flash and youtube with no hickups at all. Then i connected the lepan and acer and ran the same youtube video at the sametime and the acer went through smooth while the Lepan was good at the beginning but then the choppiness returned with a vengance. I really love the feel of the lepan and the crispness of the screen but not being able to play short flash videos smoothly is so frustrating. I guess its because of the processor but i havent read about any other complaints about the issue iam having. Im tempted to have my wife preorder the Lepan II so that it will have a dual processor

Johna2u

May 21, 2011
I am having the same issues. It seems to worse with hd music videos. HD wildlife and nature type stuff seem to play great. I will be getting my le pan II on Wednesday.

Yela57

Dec 3, 2011
I am having the same issues. It seems to worse with hd music videos. HD wildlife and nature type stuff seem to play great. I will be getting my le pan II on Wednesday.

I had a lepan2 preordered but I cancelled it after I got a HP touchpad for 250. I sent my lepan tablet 1 back after the issues playing video which is important to me. I loved everything else about it tho. I'm still curious as to see how well the 2 performs so keep us updated. I'm a tech junky now

jaywal1172

Dec 27, 2011
I have the same problem with the Youtube app. But if I go to Youtube from the web browser like I would do on my PC, it works fine.

Yela57

Dec 3, 2011
I tried it through the web and the app nd even deleted and downloaded the app and even different browsers. Still had the same issue. I now have the HP touchpad and I love it. I'm still keeping my eye open for the newer Lepan tablets tho. I love this forum

Johna2u

May 21, 2011
I've had my Le Pan II for about 2 weeks now and it works much better than the TC 970. Almost all videos play flawlessly. And the Honeycomb operating system is great. I am happy I made the upgrade. It still has the same clear bright screen same size and look. It just works much better. No freezes etc.