Flash lamp for the camera?

Music

Feb 5, 2011
Is there a way to add a flash to the device for the camera? the only thing I can think of is to mount one or two (or more) white battery-powered L.E.D.s on the camera somehow. Maybe you could mount some SMD ones?

Then, how would you get it to turn on or flash? That would probably be handled through the docking connector, IMO.

MaPT0_T

Aug 2, 2011
Your idea is not bad , but there is another point , how to open HID S7 and where to put the LED Flash ? I tried to open it (because i broke my charging jack) but i wasn't able to open the device to fix it. So my point is if someone tell me how to open the device i'll post a How to guide how to add a flash :)

gotwake

Sep 11, 2011
where are you stuck at on opening it? there are the screws behind the battery cover, then two on each side on the front behind the black side panels (stuck on, so they pull right off, but be careful not to scratch the backside of them or the chrome trim ring), after that, carefully pry the front and back half apart. there are plastic catches on the inside, so it can require a little bit of force to get them apart. i've got mine fully disassembled right now so i can solder some on the circuit board and install the case in dash piece for my car. i'm installing it in my car and hooking up a 1 TB external HD for it for a sick in car entertainment/music system.

cansat

Apr 23, 2011
where are you stuck at on opening it? there are the screws behind the battery cover, then two on each side on the front behind the black side panels (stuck on, so they pull right off, but be careful not to scratch the backside of them or the chrome trim ring), after that, carefully pry the front and back half apart. there are plastic catches on the inside, so it can require a little bit of force to get them apart. i've got mine fully disassembled right now so i can solder some on the circuit board and install the case in dash piece for my car. i'm installing it in my car and hooking up a 1 TB external HD for it for a sick in car entertainment/music system.

Put photos of your work and explanation, graces

MaPT0_T

Aug 2, 2011
Nice work gotwake , i'll try it 2mrl ot the day after 2mrl , because i'm in a trouble with HID ROMs now xD can u post a picture of the area around the back camera where are the PCB bord ? we must find about 3V fot the LEDs . I think i found a place where we can put them , there is a squire hole under the note with IMEI, S/n and MAC :)

gotwake

Sep 11, 2011
i snapped some quick pictures with my phone. sorry about the quality, but i hope it helps. does anyone know of a place to get extensions for the camera plug? (black rectangle below square hole) i'd love to mount it in the rear of my car for a backup camera, but i'm not about to solder in all those tiny leads just for that! $PCB.jpg$PCB2.jpg

MaPT0_T

Aug 2, 2011
The task is very hard for me I used to repair phones but here is different :X I don't know how can we control the LEDs :/ I'll look for scheme of Ideos but it's hardly likely to find anything that can help us . An idea is to connect the LEDs to the battery voltage pins , and put a mechanical swich to control the flash , but we will have to cut the device, and that i think it's not desirable . Gotwake do you have any ideas ?

gotwake

Sep 11, 2011
the only way i see it can be done without an extra switch would be to have the LED turn on with the camera. that would require tapping into a power source for the LED, and using a tiny relay to accomplish that. tapping into the camera leads would be no easy task in itself since the leads are so close together. a separate switch makes more sense, but finding a good power source and a reasonable switch for it could prove difficult. then there is still the task of mounting the switch so it looks good. i don't really see adding a flash being a viable option.

might just want to get something like this:
Amazon.com: Viatek LED Cell Phone Flash: Home Improvement

MaPT0_T

Aug 2, 2011
I would suggest u something else , with adding an aditional 2 step button on the top side of the tablet (example , like the 2 step swich on sony ericsson) we can do it . The task to put a rely inside is imposible , we need a full scheme of HID S7 and a lot of knowlegde , but with one 2 step button , LED working on 4V and little improvments we can do it . On the first step of the button it will turn the LEDs оn , on the second it will shoоt , we can connect the swich of the D-pad with our 2 step swich . What is your opinion ?

gotwake

Sep 11, 2011
i haven't found a way to activate the camera through pushing a button. i tried to change the button function with button remapper to allow for using the camera as a backup camera in my car. but it did not work. so i don't think a two step switch will do any good. just use a latching switch that with one click turns on the LED and then another click shuts it off. that would be the easiest way to accomplish adding a light. just find a power source, find a small enough switch, and then mount the LED, wires, and switch.