Flash Player issues RESOLVED - new flash player .apk

Chandos

Apr 1, 2011
I have tested this on my ft2v2 with TCH rom 0419, and it mostly worked! Flash now played with correct colours and almost no lag once buffered. It did however crash when I attempted to go full screen, so not perfect yet. Opera mini and Maxthon Browser use the youtube app for youtube website if you have it installed. This works excelently. Flash worked well on other flash websites, I tried an emag site and it loaded where it would not before.

Here is the new apk: Adobe flash for flytouch3.rar (Thanks koti)
Password: koti

Install:
1) use Root Explorer to rename file \system\app\install-flash-player.apk to .old
2) Reboot Flytouch
3) Install the above .apk

I tried youtube and also some eMag sites.

NOTE: This is now included in Tim's ROMS 3b and 3c.

NJoy!

Last edited:

B0B

Apr 23, 2011
is it supposed to replace install flash player.apk? i checked after reinstall and i still see my installflashplayer.apk.old and flash is still black n white, using tch 419(...yet it still displays 316)
tried on dolphin and opera mobile/mini

Chandos

Apr 1, 2011
B0B: Did you install the new .apk? Renaming the instal..apk to .old just stops it loading when you reboot. it only loads .apk files. Which firmware ROM are u u sing? Ta

B0B

Apr 23, 2011
Im using tch but it still displays 20110316 (but i know its different because the start up is the blue ringed android), it didnt seem to reinstall the flash player but it says it did... anything i could be doing wrong

Sent from my Flytouch3 using Android Tablet Forum App

Last edited:

cruxader

Oct 15, 2010
I have tested this on my ft2v2 with TCH rom 0419, and it mostly worked! Flash now played with correct colours and almost no lag once buffered. It did however crash when I attempted to go full screen, so not perfect yet. Opera mini and Maxthon Browser use the youtube app for youtube website if you have it installed. This works excelently. Flash worked well on other flash websites, I tried an emag site and it loaded where it would not before.

Here is the new apk: Adobe flash for flytouch3.rar (Thanks koti)
Password: koti

Install:
1) use Root Explorer to rename file \system\app\install-flash-player.apk to .old
2) Reboot Flytouch
3) Install the above .apk

I tried youtube and also some eMag sites.

NOTE: This is now included in Tim's ROMS 3b and 3c.

NJoy!

Can you tell me where to find these ROMs? TCH rom 0419, Tim's ROMS 3b and 3c.
I assume your FT2v2 refers to Flytouch 2 (the 256MB RAM 4GB NAND version).

Thanks!

hlt4668

May 6, 2011
B0B's right, in opera it seems the reds have turned to blue instead.

also flash works for dolphin browser, but its slow ;( while opera mobile is much faster, not working with flash yet :(

using ver 0501

B0B

Apr 23, 2011
Yea dolphin or any heavy flash actually crashes my tablet meaning it freezes and sits there till i hold the power buton to restart.. :/

B0B

Apr 23, 2011
Should we still Try this even after Tim's latest rom?

Chandos

Apr 1, 2011
Tim's latest ROM 4* has an even newer flash update than this which seems to work even better. This thread and .apk is now outdated.