Flash question

tweeter

Jan 16, 2011
Still learning about my A70, and I'm having some problems.

Today I tried to get into Farmville. Site loaded fine, but the game wouldn't load. It said I needed to upgrade my version of flash.

When I try to download, it fails. I'm getting the "The content is not supported on the device" message. This is the second time I've tried to download something and gotten that message.

I thought this device came with the latest flash alread installed. Obviously I'm not doing something right. Help?

gurgle

Super Moderator
Staff member
Aug 6, 2010
There are two stable versions available which work well on Archos. One is called the Droid version. The other is the latest available on Market. These are 10.1.105.? and 10.1.106.?. The problem is there is STILL NOT an approved version yet. It was supposed to have been released in January. So, the Flash plugin is not totally compatible. You have to run either SkyFire or Dolphin HD to be able to run Flash Apps in a semi-stable mode.

Once Archos and Adobe release their Flash plugin, there will be a huge cheer from all of us. So what is the version of Flash you have installed?

tweeter

Jan 16, 2011
Gurgle, I'm not sure what version came on the tablet. I've not had good luck trying to find things on it. I've looked, and I'm sure it's there, I just can't find it.

Interestingly enough, last night, I googled the phrase " Download unsuccessful. Cannot download. the Content is not supported on the device", and found that I'm not the only one having problem, looks like it may have something to do with the Froyo.

I did read a couple of threads where people had done things to get around the problem, but I had no idea what they were doing or how to do it. One said they'd downloaded some program, and it let them get their downloads. I found the program, was able to download it......but now I have no idea where it is. LOL.

May have to give up on this and hope Archos comes out with a fix of some sort. It's discouraging, because I do like the tablet. Just wish I could tether it to my phone and download Flash.

Feb 7, 2011
LOL We keep running into each other.. the thing to remember is that Flash 10.1 on the android is LITE and therefore not technically a full version of Flash. Having said this, you can download flash, run Miren or Dolphin browser and 'pretend' to be something like a desktop pc... this WILL get you to farmville page and even allow you to sign in to your game; however, the game will not load. Crashes every time. Zynga is aware of this and is trying to make a port of farmville to the android system. Shouldn't be to hard as the i*hone has one. Zynga has already started porting over some of their games like poker, etc.. However, we have been told that they are working on it since 2010, so don't hold your breath.

tweeter

Jan 16, 2011
LOL, we've gotta stop meeting like this, people are gonna start talking:)

I'm not going to even mess with the Flash thingie.....if I can get the droid and the tablet tethered I'll be a happy camper.