Flashing Screen

smalcom

Oct 15, 2011
When I put the 7022 into standby mode, the screen keeps flashing on and off. Is there any way to stop this short of a power off? It seems to cycle every 20 seconds.

lfom

Developer
Sep 12, 2011
You can also go to Settings -> Wireless & networks -> Wi-Fi settings -> tap menu button, then tap Advanced and set the first option in the Top to "Never". Of course, it will make your battery runs out faster...

nba1341

Jul 4, 2011
You can also go to Settings -> Wireless & networks -> Wi-Fi settings -> tap menu button, then tap Advanced and set the first option in the Top to "Never". Of course, it will make your battery runs out faster...

Never seen this on a stock 7022. Did you edit menu files in root explorer? Wifi policy does not exist under advanced (it does for every other android device I own except coby 7022)

Sent from my HTC Glacier using Android Tablet Forum

lmcmaster

Mar 18, 2011
Was this problem ever resolved? I am having the same problem. Before AND after I rooted the device. (Coby 7022)

lfom

Developer
Sep 12, 2011
Was this problem ever resolved? I am having the same problem. Before AND after I rooted the device. (Coby 7022)

Did you change WiFi sleep policy to "never" (always on)? You may want to use the app linked here or try WiFi Buddy (free on Market).

reaper420

Nov 7, 2011

if your rooted you can go into the system/app folder and rename all the system files related to phone operations such as the phone apk. or you can just freez those apps with a bloat freezer from the market, which is the best way to go in case you decide you need them at some point, this will also improve battery life,as well as solve the screen turning on with advanced wifi lock free from the market

Last edited: