flashing screen

caramelbarbie

May 19, 2012
hello, everyone!!
I recently purchased a manufacturer-refurburished Acer iconia a500 from the acer outlet store on ebay. I'm very excited about my new tab, except, the screen keeps flashing from bright to dim and then back again. It doesn't do this constantly, but just enough to be mildly annoying. My questions are, is this normal? Does anyone else's tablet do this? Please help!! thanks to everyone in advance for your advice!!

BDiddy

Aug 19, 2011
Your brightness is probably set on Auto, and the screen is auto-adjusting depending on how much light it's sensing. I have found that Acer tablets can be a little screwy in this department. Just turn off auto brightness and set it yourself to some comfortable level.

caramelbarbie

May 19, 2012
Your brightness is probably set on Auto, and the screen is auto-adjusting depending on how much light it's sensing. I have found that Acer tablets can be a little screwy in this department. Just turn off auto brightness and set it yourself to some comfortable level.

Thank you, and I did change my brightness settings after your advice (hopefully that will prevent it from happening again). But it had been flashing very quickly....kind of like a light that has a short in it, or faulty wiring....I'm worried that the backlight on the screen may be trying to go out.....maybe I'm just being kinda paranoid....(lol).....

Douvie

Jun 10, 2011
Thank you, and I did change my brightness settings after your advice (hopefully that will prevent it from happening again). But it had been flashing very quickly....kind of like a light that has a short in it, or faulty wiring....I'm worried that the backlight on the screen may be trying to go out.....maybe I'm just being kinda paranoid....(lol).....
If the problem continues take it back and get a replacement. It is under warranty. But mentioned above there are a variety of settings you can fiddle with. Try turning down the brightness a bit. Over bright backlighting will chew precious battery power.

caramelbarbie

May 19, 2012
thank you to 'bdiddy' and 'douvie'!!!! i did what you advised, and it helped--no more flashing!!! once again, i really appreciate your help!! :eek: