Flicker problem in Gmail App on ICS 4.0.3.

Ponderer

May 14, 2012
Hi

I have an Acer Iconia A500. It was recently upgraded from Honeycomb 3.2 to 4.0.3. One thing I have noticed is that a strange flicker bug has crept into the GMail App. When I have my Inbox open, the right part starts to flicker and the only way I seem to be able to get it to stop is to kill the app using Android assistant or the app manager.

Have anybody else experienced this?

May 1, 2012
I had the same problem....and here's how you have to look at it....wit ma major systems upgrade like ICS...it basically came through the front end on top of all your apps...what I did and what I usually do with a major upgrade like that is back up all my apps do a factory reset and allow the new system to get behind the apps, then put my apps back on top of the system and allow it to run accordingly and the way its supposed to.....hope that makes sense....I no longer have that issue.

Ponderer

May 14, 2012
Thanks for the reply. What I did was to remove the latest gmail.app update. Restart the tablet and then installed the app again. I also cleared the gmail app data and let it resync. For now it is not happening. But I cannot rule out that google did not simply fix it due to some server protocol change

Douvie

Jun 10, 2011
I had problems with screen flicker when I had HC 3.2.1. With ICS the flicker is gone.