FlyTouch 3 error

dagnarus

Apr 8, 2011
Hee
I received my flytouch 3 today.
First everything went well. Then I updated it with the firmware here on this forum.
After that everything went wrong.
Now my display got doubled and now I can't use it anymore.
Is there someone who knows what to do?

maildrop

Mar 21, 2011
Hee
I received my flytouch 3 today.
First everything went well. Then I updated it with the firmware here on this forum.
After that everything went wrong.
Now my display got doubled and now I can't use it anymore.
Is there someone who knows what to do?

I am not sure where you got your instructions. Find the right one by "Super Moderator". Please try it again. The firmware upgrade will not hurt your device. It mainly re-format your device's internal memory and reload the built in software again.

Good luck.

instructions:

http://www.androidtablets.net/forum...12074-firmware-update-method-superpad-ii.html

dagnarus

Apr 8, 2011
Thanks for that fast reply.
I've tried what you said and followed the instructions step by step.
But it is still doubled. :(
Could it be a hardware issue?

maildrop

Mar 21, 2011
It looked to me as a firmware compatibility issue. Your device display hardware is incompatible with this firmware display driver. Or you do have a display hardware issue.

Question. Was the display working fine before you applied this firmware? If no. You do have a display hardware issue.
If yes. You wanto check if you do purchase a Fly Touch 3. So far, no one reports a problem on a true FT3 firmware upgrade issue yet.

Was your FT3 with a 512 MB version? If only a 256 MB version, you have a Fly Touch 2 which requires a different firmware upgrade. There is an active thread about FT2. I do not follow.

Hopefully you have that information beforehand. Good luck.

FROM FLY TOUCH 3

dagnarus

Apr 8, 2011
Well he was displaying it right before I updated it, and he also did after. But after an hour it suddenly started to double some seconds, and after doing that for 5 minutes it doubled itself completely.
Maybe I could try using the factory firmware, but I don't have it. I stupidly enough didn't back up. Do you have it?

Last edited:

Chandos

Apr 1, 2011
As maildrop indicated, you may not have a Flytouch 3 (BTW, we still do not believe there is a Flytouch 3 yet. It is a Flytouch 2 version 2), it may be a variant or even a FT2v1 in which case, no FT2v2 firmware will help you. You fiirst need to determine which model you have. Post your device info here and we may be able to help. What version of android is it, how much ram does it have and how many sdcard slots. Post a picture of the right hand side connectors and the top edge connectors.
Firmware for FT2v2 is listed here:
FIRMWARE RELEASES: firmware files, benefits and bugs for the Flytouch2 v2 /Superpad 2

dagnarus

Apr 8, 2011
Oke
on the box it says 256/512 mb ram.
It uses android 2.2
FlyTouch-3-Android-2.2.jpg

it is the same as this picture.
1 sd slot
but the factory firmware was able to install and play angry bird rio. So it is different from the firmware you guys use here.
It's all a bit strange.
The only thing I know is that after my firmware update my screen started to double and flikker from double to one screen.

Chandos

Apr 1, 2011
That looks exactly like a FT2v2 (FT3). I suggest you try firmware 0313+Bright Screen. Use my link above to get it. Screen issue could be a hardware issue or a loose screen connector. There are a few threads telling how to open your device, but be careful, the screen cable is short and device cannot open far.

maildrop

Mar 21, 2011
From the picture, it looked FT3 to me. Where did you buy your FT3? An exact link will be useful?

I am not sure which version of firmware you have originally. Please go to A-P-A-D.T-V (without -) site to ask around if they can provide an old version for you to download. I personally did not keep my original one either. Usually one does not have to go through this hassle unless it is an hardware issue from the beginning.

You are welcome to try other version of firmware upgrade. As I wrote before, flashing firmware will not kill the device unless one has a power failure in the middle of doing it. At the other site, they are testing a brand new one. very promising.

Last edited: