Flytouch 3 question

saugen48

Mar 3, 2011
Very noob at tablets and Android 2.2....looking at the user manual, alot of the setting up ie Lcation/date and time etc follows this format "Press Menu button, select System Config". When I press menu button, I dont get that option...where the heck is the system config

saugen48

Mar 3, 2011
Guess there is no such thing as System Config anymore...must be an old user manual....Funny thing though, wanted to set the temprature setting on desktop to my local and Canada is not even a listed country in the drop down...If I cant get my local city (Halifax, NS) on there, not much sense in having it...How to get rid of the Shanghi temp setting and put it to nothing if no canadian cities are avail...thanks for answering

dwcunpluged

Dec 25, 2010
It is still the old manual, and as far as I know there isn't one for 2.2. You can go into settings and select location and security, in there you can set it up to allow your system to determine its location using wifi and/or gps.

Sent from my rooted Flytouch 2 Generation 2 using Android Tablet Forum App

saugen48

Mar 3, 2011
Got it set up for my wifi but the weather app still gives no Canada or Canadian cities....WTH...I know we are not the most populus country, but, you cant hardly miss us on a map...lol

dwcunpluged

Dec 25, 2010
Wow, that is odd. Is there a weather app that is built especially for less populous countries :D

Sent from my Huawei Ascend M860 using Android Tablet Forum App

dwcunpluged

Dec 25, 2010
I was at the store earlier and saw a magazine that listed popular apps for android, ipads, and various other mediums, they listed an app called the World Weather app. I don't know if you will have any better luck with that one but at least there are alternatives.

saugen48

Mar 3, 2011
Thanks for the info...another little oddity...was checking out the different menu items ie WiFi, Security, Devices, Date/time, location etc to see what they were all about..came to the Screen Calibration...when you get into that, you are presented with a crosshairs...what exactly is the purpose of that...I dragged the crosshairs around but didnt see anything happening nor was there any explanation as to what I should expect/or what it would do...left that screen and decided to close down...got the slider to turn off power, but slider would not work..same if I reboot, slider does not slide to open OS.....is this touch screen being disabled have anything to do with the "Screen Calibration"...if so, explain what I shoud have done with Screen Cal and how do I go about getting the touch screen back...FlyTouch 3
P.S. I tried pushing in the reset when it was powered off...had to hold power button in to power it off as the slider mentioned to turn it off is not working , no touch screen

dwcunpluged

Dec 25, 2010
The screen calibration lets the system and you calibrate the screen to your touch. All you do is touch the crosshairs, it will appear five times, each corner and in the middle. Then it should boot up like normal. And the slider sometimes takes a minute to work, on both start up and shutdown.

Sent from my rooted Flytouch 2 Generation 2 using Android Tablet Forum App

saugen48

Mar 3, 2011
Just tried booting it up again..it boots to the power on slider but the slider does not work at any movement, pressure, period of waiting...
Thoughts/suggestions

dwcunpluged

Dec 25, 2010
I am not sure why it would do that, unless you threw the calibration of when you were dragging the crosshairs around the screen. Is there any way you can get back to that screen without resetting to factory defaults? If not then all I can suggest is doing the factory restore. Or if you happened to back up your system before that you should be able to rstore your system doing that. That is the best I have for you right now, but I will keep looking for you.

As a matter of fact I recommend everyone back up your system if it is set up how you like it. Otherwise you will lose any and all data if you have to do a factory restore.

Sent from my Flytouch 2 Generation 2 using Android Tablet Forum App

saugen48

Mar 3, 2011
Tried a usb keyboard and mouse and got back to the calibration page and was able to touch the crosshairs in each location now it works great...just wondering about the weather app on here...no Canadian Cities, never had a tablet before and wondering how one goes about downloading an app to the tablet...tried at the App Market and signed in with my Google ID/password and tried download but it said no mobile phone with this account or something like that...what is the procedure for downloading an app like Weatherbug....also you may know why when trying to set up Location, Canada is not even listed....I have gone into the menu and ativated to find location via Use Wireless Networks...didnt work..any other suggestions on how to have canada recognized and cities in Canada

dwcunpluged

Dec 25, 2010
Awesome, glad you figured that out. Now I can make that suggestion to others if they run into that problem. As for the weather thing, you might try to find someone else that lives up there and ask them what they use. If the market is telling you there is no phone attached then you can put the apk files on a micro sd qnd install them that way. Or you can find an app like dropbox. Either one will work. Or you can try a different market.

Sent from my Flytouch 2 Generation 2 using Android Tablet Forum App

Last edited:

dwcunpluged

Dec 25, 2010
I really don't know about the location issue. There are evidently several people in several countries having the same issue. One guy on another forum lives in the UK and has that issue.
As a side note, have you tried the Weather Channel app? It specifically says it covers Canada.