Flytouch 3 will not save anything

Sally27

Mar 21, 2012
Hi. I have a Flytouch 3 and I install loads of apps to enable rooting, but as soon as I turn the tablet off, everything is lost and I am back to square 1. Can someone help on this subject. Today I put in a new ROM and I was unable to get into the Android Market so I switched it off. However on switching on again it was back to the original ROM. PUZZLED and frustrated. HELP !!!

Spider

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 24, 2011
Hi Sally, congratulations on your new tablet and welcome to the forum. It sounds as though, for whatever reason, your tablet is doing a factory reset every time you turn it on. I'm moving your thread to the http://www.androidtablets.net/forum/gome-flytouch-ii-variant-2/section for you, where folks more familiar with your tablet are likely to join the discussion and try to help. Hopefully, someone there will know for sure what's going on and can tell you how to stop it. Good luck!

leeb

Jul 16, 2011
Off the top of my head I cannot think of ANY reason it would behave that way...

Please provide some background...
What version is it running... what does it say (if anything) on bootup... which version does the 'ABOUT DEVICE' tell you?
How much RAM does it say it has? How much HD/storage?

HOW have you been doing the rom install/changes?
How long have you had it?
:)

Sally27

Mar 21, 2012
Thanks for your interest. My Tablet is Flytouch III Superpad 2. DISCO10, 10" 8 GB 512 RAM. On bootup I get the large Green Android logo in the centre of screen, then it goes small to the tip left. It then says android (small) on left of screen, then ANDROID (large) in the centre. After this I get the home screen, which at first for about 2 seconds, time date and weather is back at 1st January, but it then corrects itself. There is no writing whatsoever. I have tried a rom install which seemed to go as planned, but as it switches itself off it is again back to basics. Another reply I have had suggests the tablet is doing a factory reset each time it is switched off, which sounds about right, but I am given a link to further my enquiries, but it goes to "cannot open this page". http://www.androidtablets.net/forum/...iant-2/section That is the link. It seems very poor that there is no help for any of these tablets, only like this, picking other people's brains. It would be great if you could help. I had it for Christmas and everything seems to work fine, except that I always have to start everything from scratch.
Thanks again.

leeb

Jul 16, 2011
Thanks for your interest. My Tablet is Flytouch III Superpad 2. DISCO10, 10" 8 GB 512 RAM. On bootup I get the large Green Android logo in the centre of screen, then it goes small to the tip left. It then says android (small) on left of screen, then ANDROID (large) in the centre. After this I get the home screen, which at first for about 2 seconds, time date and weather is back at 1st January, but it then corrects itself. There is no writing whatsoever. I have tried a rom install which seemed to go as planned, but as it switches itself off it is again back to basics. Another reply I have had suggests the tablet is doing a factory reset each time it is switched off, which sounds about right, but I am given a link to further my enquiries, but it goes to "cannot open this page". http://www.androidtablets.net/forum/...iant-2/section That is the link. It seems very poor that there is no help for any of these tablets, only like this, picking other people's brains. It would be great if you could help. I had it for Christmas and everything seems to work fine, except that I always have to start everything from scratch.
Thanks again.

Under the calender and weather widgets, do you see a bunch of dots in the shape of a square?
You need to press THAT to get to the page with the app icons... where those apps you installed should be. Once you press it and the apps show up, IT changes to a house...

It is doing all of this? ANY of this?
It is normal for it to show JAN 1 for awhile... that is the 'default' of the design... before it reads the date/time from the pad.

Sally27

Mar 21, 2012
Since writing this, I have found all the photos I have put in via a USB memory stick, so it is saving something. I still can't find out how to save the games I want to play. This is frustrating as I have to go back to the beginning every time I want to continue the game. Any suggestions on that. I have3 saved a new screen picture, but that reverts back to the original each time it is switched off, so that isn't managing to save - strange. Thanks.

michaelgoa

Jul 6, 2012
Hi. I have a Flytouch 3 and I install loads of apps to enable rooting, but as soon as I turn the tablet off, everything is lost and I am back to square 1. Can someone help on this subject. Today I put in a new ROM and I was unable to get into the Android Market so I switched it off. However on switching on again it was back to the original ROM. PUZZLED and frustrated. HELP !!!

hi, I am new to this , but just joined to reply .. i had a simlar problem with ,my Samsung 51 inch plasma, no setting were getting saved. Then i came to know there are two modes of operation viz 1) Store Mode (for shops) and 2)Home Mode ( for home users) . The deafult is the store Mode where nothing can be saved and it goes to factory default when the appliance is powered off . Hope this solves not sure though. I want to buy an cheap budget Tab. can u suggest one. is Flytouch II good. [email protected]

Thanks