Flytouch 3, Youtube app

saugen48

Mar 3, 2011
Had my flytouch 3 for a couple of months ago and am generally pretty happy with it...one problem Iam having, is to get Youtube to work....it downloads ok, but when installed and you try and open it, it never opens, it tries then quits...I thought I seen others with this problem...any fixes..I have installed/uninstalled it several times and the same thing

Chandos

Apr 1, 2011
Had my flytouch 3 for a couple of months ago and am generally pretty happy with it...one problem Iam having, is to get Youtube to work....it downloads ok, but when installed and you try and open it, it never opens, it tries then quits...I thought I seen others with this problem...any fixes..I have installed/uninstalled it several times and the same thing
Tim and TCH rom's have Youtube 1.6.21 included which works great. You cannot update this to later version as later versions do not work on these ROM's. Tim's 4a should have the latest version of youtube in it (When it is released this week)

saugen48

Mar 3, 2011
You hear so much about rom's turning good tablets into bricks...hate to see that happen...newbie with android OS's ...I found the "HTC Roms" rather than TCH,,but what in the heck is TIM...really dont want to brick this thing, just get YouTube working

hlt4668

May 6, 2011
just follow the instructions for installation. the firmware files can be found in the appropriate section right above.

the youtube is working better in the latest firmware, sometimes i use 'videobox' when i can't find something in youtube (haven't yet found an app that will correctly search ALL youtube directory :rolleyes: )