FM Radio on Any Tablet

gurgle

Super Moderator
Staff member
Aug 6, 2010
There are apps that allow you to listen to radio stations on the Internet, but assume you mean an FM receiver not Transmitter. There are some but are few and far between
The WITS A81-E is socketed for an FM chip on its board, but nothing is there. This type of extra is the type of thing, manufacturers drop for cost/profit. I will think and look. Others may know of one but I cannot think of one off the top of my head

AndroidIsTheTruth

Aug 15, 2010
Possible the Huawei S7 could since it has the Snapdragon processor. The NEXUS didn't have but they were able to get it to work. So who knows.

gurgle

Super Moderator
Staff member
Aug 6, 2010
The only one I am aware of on the market right now is the Archos 5 series. They come with SSDs all the way up to 500Gb. And have a GPS as well. The bad news is the device is still on 1.6 with the latest firmware. I got one over Christmas. The FM works fine and is region setable. The DOWNSIDE is that it is only a 5 inch screen not 7. (PMP/Oversized GPS size)
They just created a 2.1 release for the Archos 7HT which is similar vintage. So a 2.1 or 2.2 may still be available in the future beyond the existing community build. Archos has done a reasonable job of supporting their product with Firmware updates for a year or more after a product was released. We can hope the same for it.
The prices for the A5 go for about 150-300 depending upon disk size. I got the A5/500 for $250USD with Amazon when they were on sale.

BzRtY

Jan 10, 2011
Hi!
I'm also searching for a tablet with FM-radio support.
I only found:
* Archos 5 internet tablet
* ICD gemini

But the icd gemini i not released yet?

SweGUS

Aug 31, 2010
ZTE Light, just had my hands on one in a store, unfortunately I was not allowed to start it up. Looks and feels good next to Galaxy Tab.

Balcora

Feb 6, 2011
If i remember correctly; the Snapdragon stuff (QSD8250); has an FM receiver, but it would have to be enabled; as by default it isn't able to be used.

Music

Feb 5, 2011
Look on eBay for android tablets. In the specs you'll see which ones have the FM tuner. Personally, I just use my MP3 player with an FM tuner. The dollar store has them too.

sinister1

Dec 6, 2010
I know this isn't what you asked for, but there is an app called Tune In Radio that I use to listen to Bob & Tom sometimes at work, on my Droid, that has no radio. I can even pick it up from different time zones,, just an option.

klawtrax

Jun 3, 2011
Hello all I also have been looking for a tablet with an FM tuner, I also needed to be able to record the FM Radio and have found only one. This one: EMATIC MP3 PLAYERS from Ematic. I have ordered it but not yet received it, I did however order and receive the E6 Video player due to the fact it also has the FM tuner/recorder which I am looking for, however I am disappointed in the quality of this device. I am having a hard time charging it and it feels very cheep and plasticy.

Nitemare

Dec 14, 2011
I'm also looking for a FM tuner in a 5" or 7" tablet, but just 1 or 2 models have FM chip built-in, and I think they are not longer available (archos 5, ZTE light...) Why tablets don't have a FM chip? I don't understand it...:confused:

Nitemare

Dec 14, 2011
In the specs you'll see which ones have the FM tuner.
Of course, and only 1 or 2 had FM tuner, and it seems that they are not longer available.

Personally, I just use my MP3 player with an FM tuner.

Personally, I need a 5" or 7" Android tablet with FM tuner.

The dollar store has them too.

There isn't any tablet on sale at Dollar Store, My Dollarstore Franchise, International Dollar Stores

pasdf91aew

Dec 14, 2011
I'm also searching for a tablet with FM-radio support.
I only found:
* Archos 5 internet tablet
* ICD gemini
huang4.jpg

huang3.jpg

3.jpg

Last edited:

ogjk941uty

Dec 15, 2011
know this isn't what you asked for, but there is an app called Tune In Radio that I use to listen to Bob & Tom sometimes at work, on my Droid, that has no radio. I can even pick it up from different time zones,, just an option.
huang4.jpg

huang3.jpg

3.jpg

Last edited: