Foegotten?

Steve888

Sep 29, 2011
Now that the Tab 2 is out will Samsung forget about the original Tab? What happened to the Ice Cream update for our old Tab 10.1?:mad:

geckoT2C

Jan 24, 2012
good question. how many versions of galaxy tabs with 10'' screens are actually there? 2 or 3?

AnimaTechnica

Nov 4, 2010
Now that the Tab 2 is out will Samsung forget about the original Tab? What happened to the Ice Cream update for our old Tab 10.1?:mad:

They said q1 so between now and end of march. but there are already a couple of custom versions of it that are good enough for daily use. Very smooth and responsive and with the exception of the camera works well for most of the things one does

Sent from my GT-P7510 using Tapatalk

Steve888

Sep 29, 2011
OK, it is now the end of April and no update. Quess I was wrong going with Samsung, should have gotten the IPAD! Almost bought a Samsung Smart TV but because of the treatment with the Tab I won't be buying anything from Samsung ever again!

J515OP

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2011
OK, it is now the end of April and no update. Quess I was wrong going with Samsung, should have gotten the IPAD! Almost bought a Samsung Smart TV but because of the treatment with the Tab I won't be buying anything from Samsung ever again!

You won't buy anything from Samsung ever again just because they didn't give you an update you want? Were you happy with your tab when you bought it? Does it do everything you wan it to do? I don't see the big deal. Yes, it would be nice to be upgraded to ICS but considering Android 4.0 probably didn't even exist when you bought the tab you have no reason to never buy a Samsung product again just because they haven't updated your device in some arbitrary time frame.

It isn't like there are some critical things you can only do in ICS or even that you bought the tablet several months after ICS was out with the idea that it should be on there. It seems that your "wants" have turned a little unreasonable in becoming a boycott of an entire company. Maybe like you said, you should have/could always buy an iPad.

AnimaTechnica

Nov 4, 2010
all i can say is good luck with the iPad - there are soo many more things you can do with Android that many apple fanboys refuse to see.
ask yourself what features of ICS are you waiting for that you are willing to throw away a very good tablet ?

my tab has been excellent and i can easily do stuff that my wife on her iPad 2 struggles

smoothness- i can get this now with honeycomb + ADW launcher
face unlock - i can get this now with honeycomb + Visidon - and yes Visidon also lets you face lock apps so when you loan your tab, you protect your email, market settings etc..
Panoramic camera - i can get this now with honeycomb + Camera ICS+

oh and i am currently running a custom ROM called GalaxyTask ROM which is equal to responsiveness and smoothness to ICS
oh and whenever i want a taste of ICS - i just reboot to recovery and run the KANG version -works pretty much 99% with the exception of the camera

so really - if you are so gung ho on getting ICS - root and get a custom ROM, if you want a close approximation of the experience of ICS without rooting - try to combinations i highlighted above

userbe1155

Nov 8, 2011
Hey hey, calm down calm down!! People can voice opinions I think. I have a chinese ics device & much is still incompatible anyway. I too , want my tab to be all it can be. But I'll wait patiently. Its a huge improvement on my last tab & that was fun sometimes. I can't afford top brand kit & ipad it totally out of the question but I think in time there will be some sort of solution for your tab. I do think some people see something and think I've got to have that yesterday, even if it is still work in progress. My tab can't do much more than my old one, it just does it better. If any one wishes to donate a nice 2nd hand samsung I'm more than happy to accept..just remember to be thankful you can afford such nice things in the first place!

Sent from my M9701 using Android Tablet

Steve888

Sep 29, 2011
I have two issues, one, I don't like empty promises. I would prefer that Samsung just provide what they said they would or at least commit to a date and meet the date. Second, the main reason I would like 4.0 is because I use Time Werner as a cable provider. Their app for watching TV on an android tablet requires 4.0. I access wifi from various locations and would like to be able to pick up some programs. If I told my customers I was going to provide a service and kept putting it off I would be out of business.

AnimaTechnica

Nov 4, 2010
I have two issues, one, I don't like empty promises. I would prefer that Samsung just provide what they said they would or at least commit to a date and meet the date. Second, the main reason I would like 4.0 is because I use Time Werner as a cable provider. Their app for watching TV on an android tablet requires 4.0. I access wifi from various locations and would like to be able to pick up some programs. If I told my customers I was going to provide a service and kept putting it off I would be out of business.

To be fair samsung said we were getting ICS but not exactly when. So technically it is not an empty promise...yet

Sent from my GT-P7510 using Tapatalk 2

J515OP

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2011
This is not uncommon with software updates. Further more where did you see Samsung promise a date? Samsung has provided a large list of devices being updated to ICS, probably more than any other manufacturer. I'm sure they have their hands full and aren't gong to drop everything just for your time table and particular needs. If you need the Time Warner app either contact Time Warner and ask them for an app compatible with whatever version you do want or buy an ICS tablet. If you bought a tablet that doesn't do what you need out of the box that isn't the company's fault.

All I'm saying is that Samsung is pretty much leading the Android push right now, doing a lot of good things for both phones and tablets as well as being at the leading edge of updates. I think you should exercise a little patience. I understand wanting to get the latest Android version and enjoy talking excitedly about it but I'm not sure why you would be so upset about something that is purely at the company's discretion and you should feel fortunate to receive rather than entitled to.

:D

JP