Foldable Case for Transformer

terramishu

Jan 14, 2012
Hi all,

I'm looking for a case for my Transformer tablet that can be folded, kind of like what the popular iPad one offers so that your tablet can be held up on a flat surface.

I found one of Amazon, but I'd like to know if any of you Transformer users could recommend me a nice good one based on your experience.

Thanks a lot :D

Tom T

Feb 18, 2011
I have the case sold by Asus themselves, it is called a sleeve, it is very light and minimal case that also has easel functionality. I don't think this case is for everyone as it isn't intended to protect the tablet from an extreme environment, but it does offer screen protection and the material allows for a secure grip. I'm quite happy with it for the admittedly rare times I take this tablet with me without the keyboard dock. Retails fot 39.99, not sure what you can pick it up for today.

Sent from a Gibson using Tapatalk - heavy metal edition

terramishu

Jan 14, 2012
What kind of material is the sleeve made of?
From the looks of it, it looks kinda soft - I don't know how to describe the material. All the ones I've found so far are all made of hard leather...
But it's nice that the interior is velvety (which I'm looking for).

Oh, and is your sleeve nice and sturdy when you type? Example, does the sleeve/stand bounce when you apply pressure on the tablet?

Last edited:

Tom T

Feb 18, 2011
The material seems to be some kind of rubber(maybe?) and is quite light. Good for viewing video but I wouldn't suggest it for typing.

Makinnard

Nov 28, 2011
i have the asus sleve and i like everything about it but one thing, it blocks accese to the micro sd slot but other than that and the ends being kinda akward at first its a good case.

i also have the vipertec case with is a "leather" case and it retails for about $20-30 online that i realy like to it provides a bit more mortection and is a nice looking case

Sent from my Transformer TF101 using Android Tablet Forum

terramishu

Jan 14, 2012
Thanks for your reply!
Seems like all the sleeves I've been finding so far aren't so great with typing and they seem to bounce frequently. There are other problems, such as the tablet sliding off the groove, falling off the case, bad seaming of the case, uncomfortable in hands, etc etc.
I also noticed from the reviews that the Asus case is overpriced and mediocre, unfortunately.

So hard to find a great case so it seems heh. Only if I could use the one for the iPad; that one seems pretty light, soft, and sturdy.

Tom T

Feb 18, 2011
Thanks for your reply!
Seems like all the sleeves I've been finding so far aren't so great with typing and they seem to bounce frequently. There are other problems, such as the tablet sliding off the groove, falling off the case, bad seaming of the case, uncomfortable in hands, etc etc.
I also noticed from the reviews that the Asus case is overpriced and mediocre, unfortunately.

So hard to find a great case so it seems heh. Only if I could use the one for the iPad; that one seems pretty light, soft, and sturdy.

Hope you find somethig that works for you, and if you do find a quality case be sure and let us know!

Sent from my Transformer TF101 using Android Tablet Forum

Bugeyz

Jan 19, 2012
I have a foldable case by MiniSuit that I bought on ebay. I like it a lot. You can go to YouTube and search for teamminisuit for a demo.

Sent from my Transformer Prime TF201 using Android Tablet Forum

Tom T

Feb 18, 2011
Okay, one last thing.
I found two that seems alright.

- CaseCrown: It folds in 2 different ways.
http://www.amazon.com/CaseCrown-Bold-Standby-Transformer-Tablet/dp/B0055UBTSW/ref=cm_cr_pr_pb_t

- Acase: Multi view stand by lodging your tablet in grooves.
http://www.amazon.com/Acase-Transformer-Leather-10-1-Inch-Android/dp/B005D1Q6J0/ref=cm_cr_pr_pb_t

Which one would you guys get, exluding the price factor?
Thanks!

The Acase looks more flexible as far as viewing angle goes.

Androidfonefan

Jan 14, 2012
Hi all,

I'm looking for a case for my Transformer tablet that can be folded, kind of like what the popular iPad one offers so that your tablet can be held up on a flat surface.

I found one of Amazon, but I'd like to know if any of you Transformer users could recommend me a nice good one based on your experience.

Thanks a lot :D

Something like this? Amazon.com: MiniSuit ASUS Transformer Prime TF201 Leather Keyboard Portfolio Stand Case Cover for TF201 Mobile Dock and Tablet (Black) - LCD Cleaner Included: Electronics
41QcLHM2EGL.jpg
41QcLHM2EGL.jpg
41QcLHM2EGL.jpg
$41QcLHM2EGL.jpg

Or these?Amazon.com: tablet cases: Electronics

Last edited: