For ALL Tablet Users, Install (to prevent freezing up, or using SD card)

mg2018

Nov 7, 2011
Regardless of your tablet, or android 2.1 or 2.3 etc, Its recommended you get 2 apps for your tablet so it will perform fast, and no need for external or additional micro SD cards :
There is an app called Super Task Killer and Cache Cleaner, these both will have your unwanted apps running which depletes your entire system of memory and running apps.
also 1MobileMarket and 1MobileGames have a lot of free apps that are great to download onto your tablet at no cost, and without having to use android market. Enjoy !

barcodelinux

Dec 7, 2011
Task killers are a throwback to the days of Windows95, 98, and ME. Most people have used Windows products for so long that they have not only become used to the idea of manually ending processes since the OS was so horribly designed to handle those processes in RAM, but now feel as though it HAS to be done on a regular basis. Linux (which is what Android is based off of) handles processes completely different than Windows. It is a true multi-tasking OS. This is why the Android project choose Linux, instead of a Microsoft product, for the basis of Android.

For a more in depth read on Task Killers, why they should NOT be used, and how they do NOTHING for you, see this ---> Revisiting Android Task Killers and Why You Still Don’t Need One… – Droid Life

Here it is in a nutshell ---> "By constantly killing off apps, you are working against what the OS is trying to do, hence the reason task killers are evil." - Task Killers Put to the Test, Do They Actually Extend Battery Life? As Expected, They Most Certainly Do Not – Droid Life

As far as Cache Cleaner is concerned, please understand that one must first have a rooted device in order to delete files in the /cache partition from a running Android system. You need to make sure that point is made before you start recommending apps to people. I agree that it is a great app and I actually have it installed and scheduled to run every night on my HTC Thunderbolt, but that device is rooted.

TIP: For those that do not want to root your device, you can manually "clean" your cache by rebooting into the Android recovery and wiping (reformatting) your cache partition. DO NOT wipe your data and cache partition, just cache only.

Lastly, I discourage users of any android device from the practice of using 3rd party websites to get apps. These are known high volume malware delivery systems for the Android platform. I suggest taking the time to install the Android Market and getting your apps from there. But if you decide that you must use those sites, I recommend getting some kind of malware protection app like Lookout or equivalent.

Pickupman66

Oct 2, 2011
I agree, the task killers do more harm than good. the best way to increase performance is to have the OS handle the tank of closing a program to fee up memory. setting these defaults when the system loads is ideal.

super task killer is the worst. it will actually use memory itself to stay loaded.

Kiserian

Aug 28, 2011
hahhahahaha i was thinkining about this post and i realized is kinda spammy. Nevertheless, thnx to that we can have a wonderful answer from barcodelinux :D

fit4ugolf

Dec 14, 2011
Task Managers are worthless. After 2 years of Android use, I can officially say that Task Managers serve no purpose in a Luinix environment. Your tablet/phone will spend more energy/battery power reloading all of the apps that you just killed with the task manager.

If you don't believe me, do some research. XDA had a great test a while back. It got posted to Lifehacker. Using a task manager to auto-kill apps used 4% more battery than without the task manager.

reaper420

Nov 7, 2011
i see this a lot every where someone post something about a task killer and people come out of the wood work with articles showing how they do more harm than good, they are actually having the same argument right on the optimus v forum on android central. With my last two androids i have no problems using a task killer actually with out one all my apps build up and freeze the phone so i have to pull the battery. I have gotten smarter about the way to use it though, I never kill apps all willy nilly, i have it set to every 4 hours and i have auto killer memory optimizer installed also, which is not actually a task killer, it modifies the internal memory settings of the android system. I have used this method on my past two phones and have had no down side. although i will add that i tried this on my kyros 7022 and it appears not to need any additional help. My battery life is also just as good as is would be with out the task killer i get around 18 hours battery on my cell, which is average for the custom rom i have running. I suppose my point is that not all devices are exactly the same, some are built better and work how the should, and some need a Little extra help. Sorry for for taking up so much room, i figured i would share my personal experiences