For my dad

NWynne74

Nov 23, 2011
Hi All,
I am looking to get the 9" Pandigital Tablet 2GB internal storage (up to 32GB with card), WiFi connectivity, check email, browse the web, watch videos & more, eBook application at Big Lots for $70. My dad is 69, so he isn't techno-savvy, but he does like to play with technology. I want him to be able to experience Andriod and the apps and e-readers they have available. He is a huge reader. So I am wondering if this is right mini/low-end/budget friendly choice for him. ANY suggestions would be appreciated!! Thanks, Nikki

exscentric

Nov 25, 2010
If it is the white pandigital I would say most likely he would enjoy it. If a colored one find out what firmware it has or version of Android. If you search here and slatedroid.com you might find a listing of the system/firmware that is available.

If it is a later android like the white one it is far better. The other versions of android tend to have more problems running apps he might want to try.

By the way age does not mean poor tech savey :) I'm 71 and have grown up with computers since they started finding their way into our homes :) That is a great price on the pandigital by the way!

Pamster

Nov 14, 2011
Hi NWynne74, I am new to the board too, but hubby is tempted by this PD9 I wish we could find out what version of android it has and also if Angry Birds and videos will play on it. This is the one I think it is based on the pandigital site:

R90L200

I don't know for sure this is the right machine, but if it is it looks like a nice machine for the money. I would guess it's got android 2.0 on it though, so I don't know if that means no angry birds or not. Here's a couple of videos reviews I found on it on youtube:

Not sure if this would play videos well enough for hubby's liking, he likes the bigger screen but the resolution isn't the greatest. We have a 20% off at Big Lots on their rewards program so that sweetens the deal to $63 bucks IF we choose to get in on this that is. Still not sure what way to go on this.

Edited to add:

There is a written review on this second youtube link and the owner says it's android 2.0, doesn't mean that the one we're looking at there at Big Lot's is 2.0, but it most likely is since they do close outs.

Pandigital Novel Review 9" eReader Android Tablet

Last edited by a moderator:

exscentric

Nov 25, 2010
Sorry, I must be going blind, missed the 9" part. I don't know about the 9 but I think a search of slatedroid.com or here would give you a little info.