For those who want to go back to the basic "Out the Box Setup" Yep back to 2.1!!

popeye1128

Feb 14, 2011
Ok looks like I hosed up my 7015 and need to go back to the beginning. I need a step by step beginners guide for this. I do not know what the FWDN mode is. I downloaded lonpad20101125.rar but I don't know what to do with it, I have the Coby update. I need a step by step. Please help. Thanks in advance.

There are step by step procedures on tipstir's site for using FWDN and how to flash the files. You'll just need to substitute the lonpad.rar files instead of the gingerbread files, unless you want to go ahead and upgrade to GB while you're at it. You need to look at Step #1 located here: Log in

gama505

Jun 8, 2011
i got it workin on FWN Mode, it says =[

[ERROR]CFwdnDownload::Verify_Imagefile:"NAND Data"Disk Size is not matched.
[ERROR]CFwdnDownload::Verify_Imagefile: -Image's Disk =

gama505

Jun 8, 2011
hey im stuck in no 6 the tablet perfectly works but i cant get into clock work recovery. =[

popeye1128

Feb 14, 2011
hey im stuck in no 6 the tablet perfectly works but i cant get into clock work recovery. =[

Clockwork recovery? You are confusing me. If you followed these procedures and it worked, you are back to stock ROM. You have to root again and install CWM.

Apr 28, 2011
gama505,
If you cant get it to work, then just dont do it. It feels as you are almost spamming the forum with the amount of questions you ask.
Most of the instructions for all of the posts are pretty self-explanatory. If you cannot figure something out, read more, because the question was probably answered in a thread somewhere. I highly doubt you are the first to experience this problem, and if you are, then you are doing something wrong.

gama505

Jun 8, 2011
Clockwork recovery? You are confusing me. If you followed these procedures and it worked, you are back to stock ROM. You have to root again and install CWM.
all works perfectly,, but clock work recovery is gone & can install update.zip for coby.. but its ok. thank you for guide =]

AeroToxin

Mar 28, 2011
I just noticed today, that nothing on the internal memory works. I can't put files on it, with root explorer, es file explorer, or on a computer. I tried going into settings then Internal SD Card and Device Storage, unmounting it, then formatting it (I couldn't format it without unmounting), formatting worked, but when I try to mount it, it doesn't work. On my notifications I get "blank SD card". Any help?

LarryS

Feb 19, 2011
Installed the GPad 2.1 software + Z4 + CWM all OK, but when trying to install update.zip (original Coby update) I receive error as follows

assert failed: getprop("ro.product.device") == "tcc8900" || getprop("ro.build.product") == "tcc8900"

Anyone have any ideas?

Also, Fun suggested making a custom Coby tcc8900 image from the update.zip: are there any special directions to do so?

Thanks~!

PS: Rather than going "brand new Coby stock image", what happens if I use CWM to restore a backup from a week or so ago (well after the Coby Update and many other changes) on top of the GPad ROM? Will it update the ROM also, making it "Coby"?

Last edited:

fun

Aug 19, 2010
Installed the GPad 2.1 software + Z4 + CWM all OK, but when trying to install update.zip (original Coby update) I receive error as follows

assert failed: getprop("ro.product.device") == "tcc8900" || getprop("ro.build.product") == "tcc8900"

Anyone have any ideas?

ah, script in update.zip need to be modified. try modified update.zip here,
xda-developers - View Single Post - Coby Kyros 7015 - Getting the Most Out of Eclair (Android 2.1)

Also, Fun suggested making a custom Coby tcc8900 image from the update.zip: are there any special directions to do so?

Thanks~!

PS: Rather than going "brand new Coby stock image", what happens if I use CWM to restore a backup from a week or so ago (well after the Coby Update and many other changes) on top of the GPad ROM? Will it update the ROM also, making it "Coby"?

you can use boot.img in coby update.zip instead of Gpad one. clockworkmod recovery.img can be used too. but system.img(e.g. your backup from clockworkmod) need to be converted by patched mkyaffs2image. if you have a android/cyanogenmod build environment, it's easy to make it.

--
just FYI,
[DEV] unofficial CyanogenMod 7/ClockworkMod Recovery 4 port for TCC8902 tablets - xda-developers
here is complete/correct procedure to use FWDN, clockworkmod, and custom(CM7) FWDN images.

fun

Aug 19, 2010
ah, script in update.zip need to be modified. try modified update.zip here,
xda-developers - View Single Post - Coby Kyros 7015 - Getting the Most Out of Eclair (Android 2.1)

The modified Coby update appeared to install fine, thank you Fun, but the tablet errors and will not reboot, but only into fastboot mode wanting to reconnect to the PC

aaaaaaaahhhhh.... sorry, Gpad701 and Kyros7015 use different partition layout... it isn't compatible with Gpad701 lk.rom and Kyros7015 kernel :(
sorry! you need to use Lonpad D7 ROM to install coby's update.zip! otherwise just use Gpad701 ROM as is!

LarryS

Feb 19, 2011
aaaaaaaahhhhh.... sorry, Gpad701 and Kyros7015 use different partition layout... it isn't compatible with Gpad701 lk.rom and Kyros7015 kernel :(
sorry! you need to use Lonpad D7 ROM to install coby's update.zip! otherwise just use Gpad701 ROM as is!

I appreciate that, Thanks. . I went to the Gpad as I was getting a CRC error w/ the LonPad ROM. Re-downloaded it to insure that wasn't the issue, but still happens. I hadn't seen that reported here.

Edit: the good news is that there was no issue reinstalling Android 2.3.1 and using CWM to restore a backup made before beginning this excercise. Still would like to make it work, though.

Last edited:

fun

Aug 19, 2010
I appreciate that, Thanks. . I went to the Gpad as I was getting a CRC error w/ the LonPad ROM. Re-downloaded it to insure that wasn't the issue, but still happens. I hadn't seen that reported here.

Edit: the good news is that there was no issue reinstalling Android 2.3.1 and using CWM to restore a backup made before beginning this excercise. Still would like to make it work, though.

well, you got error when switching from Gpad ROM to Lonpad ROM?
did you reboot after lk.rom flashed and flash other files on 2nd FWDN boot?

LarryS

Feb 19, 2011

Perhaps I ended up getting confused between ROMS, lk.rom versions and all of the various trials.
As I am typing this update.zip has completed installing and I am in the intial boot.
Thank you!