For those with 16GB sd cards not reading (or 32gb)

turando

Nov 27, 2010
Hi,

I thought I'd post about how I got my 16GB microSD card content to show up. I don't know if it works on other firmware but I flashed mine to the 0304 and 0312 firmware and it worked in them.

Basically I noticed that when I put my 4GB sd card in the tablet created two folders automatically but when I put in my 16GB it didn't. So I copied those two folders to the 16GB and suddenly everything was showing.

The folders have a few mb of content in it and I don't know if that is relevant to getting it to work. If it is I'll upload the content as well.

The two folders were .android_secure and LOST.DIR

http://www.mediafire...2kqnd2qmro1sidd has the folder with content that was on my 4GB.

Hope it helps someone.

chefelr

Mar 26, 2011
Thank you for your info. In my case, a simple 4GB microSD SanDisk was inoperative. ""So, on my Windows computer I copied those two folders to the 4GB and suddenly everything was showing."" Perfect !

rs37

Mar 26, 2011
Hi,

I am with the latest 0312 firmware too and although the copyed directories .android_secure and LOST.DIR allow read all the content on the external sd card, sd card maybe not writable. In my experiences, with a generic cheaper 32 GB micro SD, if you format it (FAT32) in a PC with a USB/Micro SD adapter, the card wil be no writable at all. Zenithink 2 or Android 2.2 seems not like usb adapters. Now, if you format it as a SD Card with a micro sd card adapter, the card wil be writable for some operations in the tablet until all content in the card will be corrupted. I think, is a compatibility problem. ZT-180 is chinese but don't like any chinese sd cards.

Well, I did some experiences with Sandisk micro sd cards with 512 MB and 1 GB and all runs correct. My question is if anyone have tried cards with 16 and 32 GB, Sandisk or Kingston (real) and have success.

Thanks

kareti

Jul 27, 2011
Hi,

When I bought the WM8650 Tablet with 32 GB SdCard, it detected the sdcard and i can see 29GB free space. But after 4 days i booted the tablet and it displayed "Blank SD card", then I tried format and mount options, but no luck. Then I formatted the sdcard using panasonic sd card formatter and int he laptop i can see 29GB free space. Then i inserted it in the tablet, now it doesn't recognize at all. then i copied the 2 folders that are mentioned here, and after inserting it in the tablet, Sdcard is recognized but again "Blank Sd Card" message si displayed. Please help me with this.

Thanks in Advance.
Kareti

Herkfrog

May 16, 2011
i think your looking in the wrong forum for your answer you should be in the wonder media forum for your wm8650. i don't think what ever you find in this zt-180 zenithink forum will do you any good sorry