For ZT-280 C91 owners.

guitarman

Jan 6, 2012
I wet to the Zenithink site and downloaded the 4.0 version. I tried the xxxN3xxxx version since i wasn't sure which one I owned. They say in the instructions that if you install the wrong version for your tablet that the camera won't work and to just reinstall the other version. The problem is, my tablet camera worked on both versions, so i believe they are incorrect. This fooled me in to thinking I had the right version. But the first time I shut it down, it would not boot back up unless I pushed a pin in the reset hole4. I would boot and work fine then, each time. This was driving me crazy since my camera worked so I assumed I had the right version.

So I figured it must be the 4.0 version, so I just downloaded the latest 2.3.4 version, but again, the xx3nxxx version thinking it was the right version. I installed, it and was really sacered when it still would not boot without using a pin to the reset hole. Again, once it booted, it worked fine and the camera worked fine. So then I thought I would try using the factory reset in the menu, so i did that, erased me sd card, then told it to do a factory reset. but this was strange. It did the factory reset, but it still loaded up with the latest 2.3.4 xxx3nxxx system. The front scree was not the same as the version it had when i got the tablet. The version date when I had the tablet said it was from September 2011, t6he reset still said it was 2.3.4, and there's really no way you can mess up the factory reset because you simply tell it to proceed, and it does and reboots. So i believe that when you load a new 2.3 version, even the factory reset uses that new version. In the September version that was on the tablet when i got it, the app button was at the bottom, and when you hit that, brought the applications up, then swiped your finger the application animation shows the large square with all the apps as it turns. In the new version 2.3.4, the app button is on the right, and you hit it, and then swipe your finger and the animation is now a circle, like a world shape. So the thing is, when I did the factory reset, it DID NOT go back to the September or before version, it stayed at 2.3.4and put the original apps that came with the unit on, it did not set it back to the original android 2.3.0.

So again, even with the factory reset, it still would not boot without a press of the reset switch. i though I would haqve to send it back to the Ebay place I got it from.

I figured one last try. I went to the site and downloaded the 2.3.4 version again, but this time i got the xxx2nxxx version. Low and behold, O flashed it, the camera worked, and what do you know, it booted properly without the need to hit the reset.

I probably could have went to 4.0 using the xxx2nxxx version, but a couple of the apps I like to use were not available for the 4.0 version, paypal mobile is one of them. so I am sticking with the 2.3.4 version xxx2nxxx model for now and I'll give the 4.0 a try some time later.

So what i wanted to tell all of you here is, don't trust the factory reset, don't trust the camera to tell you if you have the right version installed. If you are having freezing problems or if your pad won't boot without pushing in the reset button, then please, try both of the 2.3.4 versions at the site. I now think that the factory reset just means the original apps and configuration, not the original firmware version. I believe if you load a later 2.3 version, the factory reset will keep that version and just load the original apps and wipe all date away. But the factory reset reinstalled the wrong xxx3nxxx version back on mine. So in the end, always go and try the 2n and 3n versions from the site if you are having troubles. Don't trust the camera thing nor the factory reset. My tab is now working fine and I am loading all my fav apps back on.

Hope this helps someone who is in hell with their right now or in the future.

guitarman

Jan 6, 2012
ok guys, saw and ZT 280 C91 vid on Youtube wi5th the 4.1 Ice Cream sandwich system and it looked so good. Si I went on and downloaded the xxx2nxxx version of the 4 version and formatted my sd card, then popped it out, copied my folder tot he the card and updated and I now have a perfectly working C91 with 4.1 Android on it. So excited. So as i said before, make sure and try both the 2n and 3n versions and pay no attention to the camera, my camera worked fine on either version, but the wrong version wouldn't let me boot without the reset buttn getting pushed in once before hitting the power button.

Enjoy

MaikJJ

Jan 10, 2012
ok guys, saw and ZT 280 C91 vid on Youtube wi5th the 4.1 Ice Cream sandwich system and it looked so good. Si I went on and downloaded the xxx2nxxx version of the 4 version and formatted my sd card, then popped it out, copied my folder tot he the card and updated and I now have a perfectly working C91 with 4.1 Android on it. So excited. So as i said before, make sure and try both the 2n and 3n versions and pay no attention to the camera, my camera worked fine on either version, but the wrong version wouldn't let me boot without the reset buttn getting pushed in once before hitting the power button.

Enjoy

Is your flashplayer working?

Last edited:

guitarman

Jan 6, 2012
Went to a flash test site with Dolphin browser and sure enough, Flash app and flash video worked fine. make sure and try Dolphin browser if you can't get a different one to work at the flash test sites.

Hotrocks

Jan 16, 2012
I wet to the Zenithink site and downloaded the 4.0 version. I tried the xxxN3xxxx version since i wasn't sure which one I owned. They say in the instructions that if you install the wrong version for your tablet that the camera won't work and to just reinstall the other version. The problem is, my tablet camera worked on both versions, so i believe they are incorrect. This fooled me in to thinking I had the right version. But the first time I shut it down, it would not boot back up unless I pushed a pin in the reset hole4. I would boot and work fine then, each time. This was driving me crazy since my camera worked so I assumed I had the right version.

So I figured it must be the 4.0 version, so I just downloaded the latest 2.3.4 version, but again, the xx3nxxx version thinking it was the right version. I installed, it and was really sacered when it still would not boot without using a pin to the reset hole. Again, once it booted, it worked fine and the camera worked fine. So then I thought I would try using the factory reset in the menu, so i did that, erased me sd card, then told it to do a factory reset. but this was strange. It did the factory reset, but it still loaded up with the latest 2.3.4 xxx3nxxx system. The front scree was not the same as the version it had when i got the tablet. The version date when I had the tablet said it was from September 2011, t6he reset still said it was 2.3.4, and there's really no way you can mess up the factory reset because you simply tell it to proceed, and it does and reboots. So i believe that when you load a new 2.3 version, even the factory reset uses that new version. In the September version that was on the tablet when i got it, the app button was at the bottom, and when you hit that, brought the applications up, then swiped your finger the application animation shows the large square with all the apps as it turns. In the new version 2.3.4, the app button is on the right, and you hit it, and then swipe your finger and the animation is now a circle, like a world shape. So the thing is, when I did the factory reset, it DID NOT go back to the September or before version, it stayed at 2.3.4and put the original apps that came with the unit on, it did not set it back to the original android 2.3.0.

So again, even with the factory reset, it still would not boot without a press of the reset switch. i though I would haqve to send it back to the Ebay place I got it from.

I figured one last try. I went to the site and downloaded the 2.3.4 version again, but this time i got the xxx2nxxx version. Low and behold, O flashed it, the camera worked, and what do you know, it booted properly without the need to hit the reset.

I probably could have went to 4.0 using the xxx2nxxx version, but a couple of the apps I like to use were not available for the 4.0 version, paypal mobile is one of them. so I am sticking with the 2.3.4 version xxx2nxxx model for now and I'll give the 4.0 a try some time later.

So what i wanted to tell all of you here is, don't trust the factory reset, don't trust the camera to tell you if you have the right version installed. If you are having freezing problems or if your pad won't boot without pushing in the reset button, then please, try both of the 2.3.4 versions at the site. I now think that the factory reset just means the original apps and configuration, not the original firmware version. I believe if you load a later 2.3 version, the factory reset will keep that version and just load the original apps and wipe all date away. But the factory reset reinstalled the wrong xxx3nxxx version back on mine. So in the end, always go and try the 2n and 3n versions from the site if you are having troubles. Don't trust the camera thing nor the factory reset. My tab is now working fine and I am loading all my fav apps back on.

Hope this helps someone who is in hell with their right now or in the future.
Hi have you got a link to the yout tube video, I cant find it.............EDIT found it now

Last edited:

Tralf

Jan 25, 2012
Went to a flash test site with Dolphin browser and sure enough, Flash app and flash video worked fine. make sure and try Dolphin browser if you can't get a different one to work at the flash test sites.

Guitarman

I was wondering if I could get a few more details on the Flash site you visited and found to work with the Dolphon browser. I just got my C91. It came pre-loaded with ICS (Android Version 4.0.3). Flash player was not installed, so I downloaded that from the Market. I got version 11.1.112.61.

I downloaded the free edition of the Dolphin browser and used it to visit the official Adobe Flash Test page at Adobe - Flash Player.

If Flash is working properly that should show a moving graphic that eventually says "Adobe Flash Player Successfully Installed". I did not get that on my C91.

So I was wondering which site you used to test Flash. Can you also please let me know which C91 hardware version you have, is it the one with 2N or 3N in the barcode? Also can you confirm which Android version shows up in the "About Tablet" area of Settings on your C91 and the Flash player version that shows up when you look at the details of it via Apps in Settings.

Thanks
Tralf

cpt_noob

Dec 15, 2011
as far as I know all of the ICS versions don't play well with Flash. I've tried 4 or 5 different roms, and none of them have worked.
in market its not available, if you directly click on the link to the flash player market says its not available for this device. if you d/l it separately, and force the apk to install, it will just fail (at least mine did)

on a side note, Dolphin browser itself has a flash player built in. It doesnt (or at least didn't) stream the video in the page, but loads up its own player.

Guitarman

I was wondering if I could get a few more details on the Flash site you visited and found to work with the Dolphon browser. I just got my C91. It came pre-loaded with ICS (Android Version 4.0.3). Flash player was not installed, so I downloaded that from the Market. I got version 11.1.112.61.

I downloaded the free edition of the Dolphin browser and used it to visit the official Adobe Flash Test page at Adobe - Flash Player.

If Flash is working properly that should show a moving graphic that eventually says "Adobe Flash Player Successfully Installed". I did not get that on my C91.

So I was wondering which site you used to test Flash. Can you also please let me know which C91 hardware version you have, is it the one with 2N or 3N in the barcode? Also can you confirm which Android version shows up in the "About Tablet" area of Settings on your C91 and the Flash player version that shows up when you look at the details of it via Apps in Settings.

Thanks
Tralf

androidfc

Jan 30, 2012
Dolphin Browser HD seems to be the best browser with Flash for Android. I use it in "Desktop" mode, with the text size slightly zoomed in. I am currently using the Zenithink 7" C71 with Android 2.3. Waiting to try ICS soon.

edtham70

Feb 6, 2012
Hi, guitarman. I also wanted to upgrade my tab. to ICS 4.0, I did downloaded the xxx2nxxx version as shown in my tab, I did follow the upgrade step by step, at last cannot update, do i need to reboot or do the factory setting 1st before update? because i keep all the app i downloaded, included the anti-virus also, and do the upgrade as shown in zenithink web. can you give me some advise? Thank you.

edtham70

Feb 6, 2012
Hi, guitarman. I owned a zenthink zt 280 c91, and wanna to upgrade to ICS 4.0. I failed to update with the firmware xxx2nxxx and also xxx3nxxx downloaded from zenithink web side. all the step being follow, but till the screen shown updating, actually it's not, come back with GB 2.3 . do i need to reboot or do the factory setting 1st? or keep it original setting than only i can do the update? please advise. Thank you.

bighead

Feb 22, 2012
Hi, did you have any joy? I also have my c91 delivered with ics 4.0. I love everything about it except I can't play anything that needs flash, you tube works great, but I can't play bbc iplayer, 4od itv player or pretty much any site that needs flash. I could realy do with some help :)