Forgetting to say thank you

xkchief

Dec 8, 2011
The vast 'majority of members' forget to say thanks to other members who post helpful items......Please follow the directions below if you appreciate a POST

To all members. Remember to thank those who help you with a problem by clicking on the "Thank" icon/link on the right of the screen in the post.
It helps us (members) to know that we are actually helping yo

J

jimbo7630

I can only agree with you here, there are a lot of members who DO say thanks but there are many more who just disappear into the wild blue yonder leaving a feeling of "did it help or not?" we have, I suppose, to presume that they got the answer they wanted but we'll never know for sure!

Edit: It isn't a question of getting thanks, but it would help others later to know what worked and what did not!

Last edited by a moderator:

Androidfonefan

Jan 14, 2012
The vast 'majority of members' forget to say thanks to other members who post helpful items......Please follow the directions below if you appreciate a POST

To all members. Remember to thank those who help you with a problem by clicking on the "Thank" icon/link on the right of the screen in the post.
It helps us (members) to know that we are actually helping yo

Sounds a lot like my signature. And you are correct..
Also I just noticed that the forum app does not seem to have a thank option.

Sent from my VTAB1008 using Android Tablet Forum

Last edited:
J

jimbo7630

A lot of members read this forum from their mobile devices. "Thanks" button doesn't show up. Nor does it show on Tapatalk...

Sent from my DROID using Tapatalk

Sherri it isn't a question of being thanked, but a simple message to say whether or not the advice given was helpful is all that is required.

james23p

Nov 15, 2011
I agree and to be honest I might be guilty of said offense, when using my Vtab since I use the thanks button on my PC but the app version doesn't. Thank you for the gentle reminder to thank the many expert users on the forum who help us knoobs out!

Jim

Sent from my VTAB1008 using Android Tablet Forum

Last edited:

Spider

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 24, 2011
Sherri's right, the thanks doesn't show up unless you're using a browser to access the forum. However, as Jimbo pointed out, at least come back and tell the folks trying to help you what the final result was. That would be helpful to someone reading the thread later on.

sabotank

Nov 15, 2011
i guess there's no way to add a "solved" button either?

perhaps when the OP gets an answer they can edit the post title with [SOLVED]?

Androidfonefan

Jan 14, 2012
They could if the forum software will allow total edit later, and sometimes much later. I don't know about this forum but some will not allow title change once the post is sent.

johnverT

Mar 3, 2012
Making thank you a habit and communicating genuine expressions of thank you to others will create and enhance an inner sense of well being, healthier and happier relationships. Saying thank you is an important gesture of good will. And unlike many things in this world, it could be done free of charge or cheaply. Article resource: How to say thank you without breaking the bank