Forgot Password

Sep 19, 2013
:eek:Hi I have forgot my password to my kyros coby 7 inch android 4.0 tablet.I don't remember the model number either.I have reset it,tried a few things on here.They didn't work.Any other suggestions on how to get back into my tablet?I use it more than my computer.Can someone please help me?

Spider

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 24, 2011
Hi Kristy, I think a factory reset should have fixed your problem. Since it didn't, I'm moving your thread to the Coby Generation 3 forum to see if the folks who have that tablet can help you out. Good luck!

BTW When you get a chance, please go to your profile and update the Tablet / Device entry to show you have a Coby Kyros MID7035. That way folks will know which tablet you have without you having to tell them every time.

tpaine

Aug 18, 2012
How did you perform the factory reset ? Many coby tabs (like my 7042) have a reset button on the back. This is not a factory reset to clear data. It simply restarts the tablet.

To perform a factory reset (to clear data) you must boot to recovery and perform the factory reset from recovery.

To get to recovery, with the tablet off, press and hold vol+ and back buttons. (If no back button, just hold vol+). While holding these, press the power button till the recovery screen appears. use the vol+ and vol- buttons to navigate options, power button to execute.

Sep 19, 2013
Thanks I just have a reset button on the back I tried with the volume buttons and stuff and couldn't get that to pop up.

tpaine

Aug 18, 2012
Make sure the tab is powered off when you start this. Try holding the vol- and back buttons and while holding them both down, press the power button and hold all 3 until the coby logo appears. (this can take several seconds) Its going to be some combination of these buttons that get you into recovery mode. Its awkward, but keep trying, you will get there. Good luck.

Sep 19, 2013
I done this
To perform a factory reset (to clear data) you must boot to recovery and perform the factory reset from recovery.

To get to recovery, with the tablet off, press and hold vol+ and back buttons. (If no back button, just hold vol+). While holding these, press the power button till the recovery screen appears. use the vol+ and vol- buttons to navigate options, power button to execute.
and with -volume button the second time I tried it,The screen popped on and went to the coby screen so I let go like it said in another post.Then my tablet went off.Then it wont come back on.I even thought it need charged and charged it and still nothing.

tpaine

Aug 18, 2012
With the tablet plugged in, press the power button for 1 sec, then release. What do you see?

tpaine

Aug 18, 2012
Sorry to hear about your tablet. Is it still under warranty ? Coby has a reasonable repair policy. Vampirefo has returned tablets to Coby for repair. Good luck.