Forgot Unlock Pattern for Coby Kyros

Status
Not open for further replies.

swervlarry

Mar 11, 2011
well im a noob to this tablet and I was playing around with it and set a pattern lock thinking it would be a funny thing to do so that my wife wouldnt be able to got on the tablet. but then about 30min later I forgot what the hell the pattern was. it tablet is brand new so there is nothing really saved on there I would like to know if there is a way I can just put everything back to defaults or take this lock off. Im still able to use the tablet but if the screen isnt used in 30min it goes into sleep mode then I have to use the unlock pattern to open it. So I have to turn it off then back on just to use it again

bryonb2010

Dec 15, 2011
well i figured out how to reset my Coby Kyros without the stupid unlock pattern and for those thst are courious let me brake it dow or ( copy it from Support - Frequently Asked Questions | COBY and paste it rate here so you wont have to follow a dumb link :

[h=4]How do I gain access to my tablet if I forgot the unlock pattern code?[/h]This procedure will delete all items (files) and entries on the MID7015-please back up files on your computer if possible first. This is a Master Reset Procedure.
  1. Power the unit off. Press and hold the "Power Button" till the "Device Option menu appears.
  2. Click "Power Off" and select "OK"
  3. Once the unit has been turned off. Press and hold the "back" button(silver tone button) and "power" button simultaneously for eight seconds.
  4. When the Android Icon and warning triangle appear , press the "back" button )silver tone button) once.
  5. The Android recovery screen will appear. The "Home/Menu" button will allow you to scroll up and down.
  6. Press the Home/Menu button to scroll to "Wipe Data/Factory Reset" Then press the "back" button
  7. On the next screen Scroll to "yes-delete all user data" Press the "back" button.
  8. On the next screen Choose "reboot system now" and Press the "back" button.
  9. You will now be able to access the tablet.

Jaded

Dec 26, 2011
Thanks. This got me out of hot water with my son. I set up his tablet for him right before Christmas and then could not remeber the pattern. I appreciate your help!!!

dani1796

Dec 25, 2011
I tried that but when I pressed the silver bottom one time after the triangle appeared, nothing happened

RoroObama

Jan 8, 2012
Ok , I'm still confused . I tried to lock my Tablet so my little sister wont be able to get in it . I don't want my mom to know that it locked because she said I wasn't ready for it yet . So can you guys help me unlock it in an easier way ?

bethkay2012

Jan 20, 2012
when i turn the tablet off andhold the power button for eight seconds the triangle doesnt appear what do i do?

J515OP

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2011
when i turn the tablet off andhold the power button for eight seconds the triangle doesnt appear what do i do?

It says to hold the power and back button at the same time for 8 seconds. Read all of the instructions carefully and then try again.

dani9876

Jan 25, 2012
I have forgotten my unlock pattern of my kyros MID-7120 4GB and I want to reset it and i wonder if there is any form with button combination or with something for windows 7. ask immediatly if is possible

vampirefo.

Developer
Nov 8, 2011
If you can get into your recovery you can wipe the data and cache aka factory reset.

cute74

Jan 31, 2012
well i figured out how to reset my Coby Kyros without the stupid unlock pattern and for those thst are courious let me brake it dow or ( copy it from Support - Frequently Asked Questions | COBY and paste it rate here so you wont have to follow a dumb link :

How do I gain access to my tablet if I forgot the unlock pattern code?

This procedure will delete all items (files) and entries on the MID7015-please back up files on your computer if possible first. This is a Master Reset Procedure.
  1. Power the unit off. Press and hold the "Power Button" till the "Device Option menu appears.
  2. Click "Power Off" and select "OK"
  3. Once the unit has been turned off. Press and hold the "back" button(silver tone button) and "power" button simultaneously for eight seconds.
  4. When the Android Icon and warning triangle appear , press the "back" button )silver tone button) once.
  5. The Android recovery screen will appear. The "Home/Menu" button will allow you to scroll up and down.
  6. Press the Home/Menu button to scroll to "Wipe Data/Factory Reset" Then press the "back" button
  7. On the next screen Scroll to "yes-delete all user data" Press the "back" button.
  8. On the next screen Choose "reboot system now" and Press the "back" button.
  9. You will now be able to access the tablet.

does it work for Kyros Mid 7024 ? i tried to Press and hold the "back" button(silver tone button) and "power" button simultaneously for eight seconds but no Android Icon and warning triangle appear , just appear " upgrade system activated" , then when i press the back button again , it ended and automatically shut down .
what should i do ?

lfom

Developer
Sep 12, 2011
does it work for Kyros Mid 7024 ? i tried to Press and hold the "back" button(silver tone button) and "power" button simultaneously for eight seconds but no Android Icon and warning triangle appear , just appear " upgrade system activated" , then when i press the back button again , it ended and automatically shut down .
what should i do ?

No, it won't work. You can try an "SD card init" instead: turn on tablet holding the silver (Home) button with no card in the external slot, you should see some info on screen then confirm with VolumeUp key. It will completely erase your internal card, so you may want to try something else if you have data that you don't wanna lose.

cute74

Jan 31, 2012
No, it won't work. You can try an "SD card init" instead: turn on tablet holding the silver (Home) button with no card in the external slot, you should see some info on screen then confirm with VolumeUp key. It will completely erase your internal card, so you may want to try something else if you have data that you don't wanna lose.

ok , it's work now , thanks a lot !

Feb 6, 2012
Hello guys! I have a Kyros MID7020 and I forgot the password, not a pattern. I hardly try any tips that I read but not success... :0(
It's still looking at me and laugh... dammed tablet! Please, somebody knew another kind of magic to reset my tablet? Help me Obi Wan, you're my only hope...

Status
Not open for further replies.