Forgotten Password

roxygbchick

Nov 8, 2013
When i turn on the irulu 4.0 tablet i am asked to put in a password to get into the tablet. I apparently do not remember it. I tried to do a reset by holding the power and volume up buttons at the same time and nothing is work. Can someone please help me to get onto my brand new tablet that I havent even used yet?!?! Thank you so much

Musing

Aug 27, 2012
Compliments of leeshor from a similar question.

Welcome to the forum

I'm, guessing you mean a factory reset, which will wipe the data and leave it in factory new condition. If so:

Turn the unit off. Press and hold both the power button and the volume button at the same time, until the little yellow-green android robot comes on the screen. You can then release the buttons. You will eventually get a menu (this took a while to come up). Use the Volume button to scroll down to "Reset to Factory Standards", and select by pressing the power button. You'll get a msg. that asks if you're sure you want to do this. Use Power button again to select "yes". It will set the unit back to what it was when brand new.

Spider

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 24, 2011
I tried to do a reset by holding the power and volume up buttons at the same time and nothing is work.

Hi roxy, congratulations on your Irulu tablet and welcome to the forum. Nice of you to become a member of Android Tablets. Since the "power and volume up" method didn't work, I'd suggest you try some of the other methods in this thread http://www.androidtablets.net/forum/android-tablet-q/62022-how-do-i-factory-reset-my-tablet.html. Also, check the tablet to see if there's a tiny hole somewhere on it. If there is, you should be able to reset by pushing a paper clip into the hole.