Forgotten Password

Discussion in 'Android Tablet Q&A' started by roxygbchick, Nov 8, 2013.

1. roxygbchick

roxygbchick Member

Tablet / Device:
    irulu4.0
    When i turn on the irulu 4.0 tablet i am asked to put in a password to get into the tablet. I apparently do not remember it. I tried to do a reset by holding the power and volume up buttons at the same time and nothing is work. Can someone please help me to get onto my brand new tablet that I havent even used yet?!?! Thank you so much

2. Musing

Musing Senior Member

Tablet / Device:
    Asus Tranformer Prime tf201
    Compliments of leeshor from a similar question.

Welcome to the forum

I'm, guessing you mean a factory reset, which will wipe the data and leave it in factory new condition. If so:

Turn the unit off. Press and hold both the power button and the volume button at the same time, until the little yellow-green android robot comes on the screen. You can then release the buttons. You will eventually get a menu (this took a while to come up). Use the Volume button to scroll down to "Reset to Factory Standards", and select by pressing the power button. You'll get a msg. that asks if you're sure you want to do this. Use Power button again to select "yes". It will set the unit back to what it was when brand new.

• Like Like x 2
  3. Spider

Spider Administrator Staff Member

Tablet / Device:
    NOOK Tablet Stock NOOKcolor Rooted/Flashed Nexus 7 (2013) 32GB Stock
    Hi roxy, congratulations on your Irulu tablet and welcome to the forum. Nice of you to become a member of Android Tablets. Since the "power and volume up" method didn't work, I'd suggest you try some of the other methods in this thread http://www.androidtablets.net/forum/android-tablet-q/62022-how-do-i-factory-reset-my-tablet.html. Also, check the tablet to see if there's a tiny hole somewhere on it. If there is, you should be able to reset by pushing a paper clip into the hole.