Forgotten Password

ririmom

Dec 30, 2013
My daughter recieved a tablet for Christmas, it's the jellybean tablet by Klu. She is 7, so I don't know why she thought she needs a password, but she put one on it and now doesn't remember it. It's the kind you "draw" on the tablet. I'm sorry, I'm new to android devices so I don't know what you call it, lol. Is there a way I can bypass this? I didn't set up a gmail account for this tablet, cause I had no idea it would be needed! I've tried the volume/power button, that didn't work. Please help, she's so upset she can't get into her tablet :(

Traveller

Administrator
Staff member
Jun 16, 2012
If your tablet is like most others, shutting the tablet completely off (long press of the power button) and then holding down the volume + button while pressing power should get you into the tablet's recovery mode. From there you should have an option to factory reset the tablet. This restores the table to its state out of the box, meaning that any apps you installed for her or she installed herself will need to be reinstalled.

ririmom

Dec 30, 2013
Thanks for your answer, but when I press volume + and power it does nothing at all. If I press volume - and power, it comes on, then goes right back off. I've never seen any sort of menu come up