FR-809 Screen Calibration screen - is there a solution yet ?

Igoritza

Jun 3, 2011
I have 2 units, that have gone through factory reset, and both of them stuck at screen calibration. they go pas the kernel (penguin), past the android blink, and calibration appears, and I hit everything, and that's it. stuck.

could someone list every possible solution for this problem ?

Igoritza

Jun 3, 2011
Ok, im a genious. I found the way to boot the device. gotta say that mine is - Freescale A8 with 2 speakers, mark - FR-809, but as I figured out, every unit acts the same, except for M802 and the first model that has APAD boot screen.

when it gets stuck on the xcreen calibration, this is the solution:

1. turn it off. charge 5-6 hours.

2. take it OFF the charger

3. turn it on. whenever it gets stuck (it could stuck on any part - kernel (pinguin), android font, or screen calibration) FIRST put the button into OFF position, then hit the reset with paperclip or toothpick.

4. now is off. now - turn it on, with holding "menu" and "home", to enter factory data reset. do the deed, reset the device.

5. after restart, it will go all the way to the calibration screen. touch it and wait. it will get stuck *******

6. now - FIRST into OFF position, then hit reset, again same procedure.

****** - it seems that tablet is actually doing everything right, but cant boot with calibration in the middle of boot.

7. now that is turned off - turn it on, and wait. if the calibration screen appears again - repeat. you just need to remember that turning it to OFF, and then do the reset - acts as manual turn-off, not the actual reset.

it took me 7 times, and now i got it running, both devices, second device got right after 3 reboots.

tip - if screen calibration appears immediately after the penguin, that means that you got all the steps from 1 to 4 right. if it shows "android..." for more than a second, that means that you need to start over.

Igoritza

Jun 3, 2011
a "thank you" would be in order, cause this shi* works on every fr-809 unit.

leole

Aug 9, 2011
Freescale based tablet pc could be applied to HA-820 model and most of the chineese tablet pc using the Freescale cortex A8 CPU

Solution to fix the problem linked to : lock at boot after the android logo on a screen showing a penguin and calibration message.

Cause : most of times happen after a factory reset done by the user of the tablet .

Resolution fix of the problem : FLASHING Cortex A8 Freescale imx515 - Herotab m802 / Step by Step + screenshoots - xda-developers

Read carefully and be calm when you do the work to prevent you to broken the tablet .

I did it and it work back perfectly .

Good luck .