Framework Xposed apk for dual panel and custom DPI for apks

flashallthetime

Dec 28, 2012
I found this little gem on xda thanks to rovo 89http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1574401

Instructions on third post
$uploadfromtaptalk1361049637129.jpg

Install this apk module http://d-h.st/QJm
There's also a link for more modules with are download as zip files, just change the zip file to a apk by changing .zip into.apk
I just download this one module and found it works like a charm
$uploadfromtaptalk1361049673232.jpg
$uploadfromtaptalk1361049700752.jpg

Just pick the apk you wish to change, the standard DPI on our tablet is 160, just play with the settings and you may need to reboot

Sent from my IdeaTabA2109A using Tapatalk HD

Last edited:

flashallthetime

Dec 28, 2012
Directions on setting up xposed

Install Xposed installer
Install update
Install app setting module
To back to Closed installer and you will see at the top the header modules, select and enable app settings by selecting the check box, now reboot
Go to app setting and find the selected app that you wish to change ie setting,
Select and a window will pop up and use the slider toggle at the top to enable DPI changing.
Select your DPI,, usually 160 works well
This is the setting that I used for dual panel view for settings
vaga7e6y.jpg

For the settings to be activated , select save and find the 3 dots to the far right, select and select settings, now app info box will show up and force settings to stop, close and launch settings, you should now have dual panel settings menu

Sent from my IdeaTabA2109A using Tapatalk HD

Last edited:

Linsalata28

Dec 24, 2012
Cool find. I don't have time to play with it but maybe you can post anything else you find that can be done with this. It seems like it can be used for a lot more then just getting dual panels.
Thanks for posting your findings.

Linsalata28

Dec 24, 2012
I was just looking this over on XDA and the mods on the VillainROM site. This is actually a really cool mod that this guy made here. This can do a whole lot more then just give you dual panel. The only problem with it is that there are not many models for it. It would be cool if more people used it so that developers would use it to make mods instead of moding the apks them selves. When I have time I'm going to look into how to make the models, they have a pretty nice guide on how to make them.
I did see another cool model they have up on the site that gives you the single press option for apps like in ICS so that you don't have to choose the app and then choose to use it once or always. I kind of hate that they added that in JB.

forkandbowl

Jan 21, 2013
I have played with this and played with this and i cant seem to get it to do anything at all. What exactly is it supposed to do?