free alternative to n2a

DePhoegon

Jun 26, 2012
This doesn't take long to do -

http://www.androidtablets.net/forum/nook-color-technical/13156-how-cm7-bootable-sd.html

you can use any other rom (like MIUI, or latest nightly). If using MIUI you just need to rename the rom to a cm7 name and it will work fine.

Just a Quick question,. about the [Win 32Disk Imager] What exactly does it take to get that (win 7x64). I'm currently in the process of installing Qt SDK [full] so I can use the {Win32Diskimager source} (mostly because I couldn't find another win32 disk Imager) Or am I just going down the wrong trail here?

I already have the 3 files in the guide, & I don't want to be wasting to much time.

J515OP

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2011
You should be able to run win32diskimager on Win 7 x 64 (that is what I have). Just download from here https://launchpad.net/win32-image-writer/+download and unzip. Also unpack the image file you downloaded. Then right click the win32 .exe file and select run as administrator. Select the drive that is your SD card from the drop down menu and select the image file to burn.

Once the image finishes writing you need to use a partition tool to make the boot partition about 250MB then copy the CM7 and Gapps files to the boot partition. Safely eject the SD card, insert into a the powered down Nook and power up.

agila61

Sep 8, 2012
Maybe I'm beating a dead horse here but the entire point of rooting and installing custom software should be a learning experience. ...
Those 28 steps make it look more forbidding than it needs to be, though.

Only the first 9 are specifically building the card.

The rest is the basic process of getting an general android system up and running, including access to Google Play.

Its an excellent set of instructions for the procedure ~ I wish I had a set of instructions that clear when I first did it ~ but breaking them up into two or three phases would make it less daunting to a first timer.