Free anti-virus?

Sander

Dec 14, 2011
Hi.

I got my sony tablet a week ago and it's my first tablet. I was wondering if it's necessary to download a anti-virus for my tablet? If so, are there any free anti-virus apps available for sony tablet and which one is the best?

Thanks a lot.

Sent from my Sony Tablet S using Android Tablet Forum

pbrauer

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 24, 2010
I think Matt meant Lookout (available for free from the Market), not Outlook. That is a very good choice and I find it to be pretty unobtrusive. There is also Norton, which I honestly don't like nearly as much. Up till now there hasn't been too much of a need for this, but it is definitely becoming more of an issue, and it is not a bad idea.

Sander

Dec 14, 2011
Thank you for replying. Lookout appears to be an app for mobile phones. I assume that it works just as well for tablets?

jbenham

Official ATF App Tester
Oct 25, 2011
I use AVG and it seems to work just fine.

Spider

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 24, 2011
Thank you for replying. Lookout appears to be an app for mobile phones. I assume that it works just as well for tablets?

Mine's on my NC and works just fine.

Sander

Dec 14, 2011
i've been looking at some ratings from users. I'm a little confused now.. is it free or not? is this a trial version that obligates you to buy the full version later? can i remove it from my tablet if i don't like it? all the comments seem to come from people using the samsung galaxy :/

Spider

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 24, 2011
The links I gave you in my post take you directly to the free version. It will do all you need to do and is not a trial or anything like that. If you don't like it, you can delete it, but I can't imagine why you would.

jbenham

Official ATF App Tester
Oct 25, 2011
Well,no, mine comes from the Sony S and it said I use AVG. It is free and not a trial version. Any app you can install, you should be able to uninstall if it does not work for you. At any rate, if you do an Android Market search for Antivirus, it will pcrobably give you several options.