Aviary Launches an Amazing Standalone Photo Editing App for Android and iPhone

Spider

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 24, 2011
By Saket on June 14th, 2012

Aviary, a well-known web based image editor service that is often popularly called as the ‘online Photoshop’ has just released a standalone photo editing application for Android and iPhone. While this is a new release for iPhone users, Aviary was already available for Android for long, but only as a plugin which enabled users to edit photos on-the-fly be sharing them from the Gallery.
The application is a fully featured photo editor and brings many of the photo editing goodness from its web counterpart (Phoenix).

The user interface of Aviary is very intuitive and plain simple. The home screen features your recent photos in a scrollable list from where you can directly open the photo for editing, capture a new photo using the Camera or import one from the gallery. Next, the editing tools are present at the bottom as a list that can be scrolled horizontally. Their positions can also be customized according to your needs by going into Settings.

Aviary offers a lot of photo editing tools to choose from. While I usually stay away from Instagram-like photo editing apps for Android that de-colorize my photos with some vintage effects, Aviary has some pleasant photo effects such as Soft Focus, Reflex and some more.

There is a bunch of other editing tools present as well for re-touching photo such as adjusting Warmth, Saturation, Contrast, fixing red-eye, adding blur and some more.

Apart from these, Aviary also offers a cool Stickers tool, which, as the name suggests, gives a number of stickers that can be added to a photo.

An example meme, not made by me though.

A meme option is also present for adding caption to photos, which will definitely please a lot of people who love making memes and sharing them on Facebook, Reddit and other social sites.

My only gripe with the application is the absence of an Undo button. If I accidentally add a sticker on to a photo, then there is no way to remove it and resetting the photo is the only option left.
Overall, Aviary is a nice photo editing application. Obviously, you cannot expect a mobile app to replace your powerful desktop photo editing suite, but Aviary should certainly fulfill most of your basic photo editing tasks.
Download it from: App Store | Google Play Store (free)

Read more: Aviary Launches an Amazing Photo Editing App for Android and iPhone Aviary Launches an Amazing Photo Editing App for Android and iPhone
Under Creative Commons License: Attribution