Free Splashtop app at Amazon!

frapshake

Apr 22, 2011
Hey everybody, Amazon's free app of the day is Splashtop. I talked myself into trying it out and I'm sure glad I did! I'm very impressed with it! It works great on the A500. It's just like having a small version of my PC in my hands. I can check email without using an app and run programs from the PC. I did an experiment and ran Facebook on Firefox, then clicked on yoville and it ran perfectly on the tablet. I tried to run Sims 2, but I got a message that it had to be running in windows mode to work, but didn't try it, so looks like most, if not all games from your PC will run on the tablet, but some will have to be in window mode. It's very cool. You can use your mouse without putting the wireless dongle in the usb slot. I know some of you probably already have the Splashtop app, but those who don't, it's a great time to try it while it's free.

frapshake

Apr 22, 2011
Really? Cuz I could have sworn you were using the Splashtop app.

Oh, you're right. What I meant was, with the Splashtop app running on the tablet, I can check my mail just like I do on my PC by running Windows Mail and not having to use the Android email app. Sorry that wasn't clear.

Tom T

Feb 18, 2011
Oh, you're right. What I meant was, with the Splashtop app running on the tablet, I can check my mail just like I do on my PC by running Windows Mail and not having to use the Android email app. Sorry that wasn't clear.

The thing is, you are checking your mail on your Pc, in the simplest terms your tablet is a remote for your computer. None of your Pc programs are actually running on your tablet.
Splashtop is an excellent program.
Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk

frapshake

Apr 22, 2011
The thing is, you are checking your mail on your Pc, in the simplest terms your tablet is a remote for your computer. None of your Pc programs are actually running on your tablet.
Splashtop is an excellent program.

Yes. That is right, of course, it just seems like they're running on the tablet because it works so well, a clone of your PC. A very excellent remote program.

Tom T

Feb 18, 2011
Yes. That is right, of course, it just seems like they're running on the tablet because it works so well, a clone of your PC. A very excellent remote program.

Yeah, I should have figured you knew that, sorry, but it truly is a great app. Because of this functionality I really no longer need my netbook, my Transformer can do it all.

jbenham

Official ATF App Tester
Oct 25, 2011
For anyone with a Sony Tablet, their app store still has this for free. It is really cool, even if you have to pay for it.

Sent from my Sony Tablet S using Android Tablet Forum

frapshake

Apr 22, 2011
Yeah, I should have figured you knew that, sorry, but it truly is a great app. Because of this functionality I really no longer need my netbook, my Transformer can do it all.

That's ok, I was so excited about the program I didn't explain it very well, so what you wrote was helpful. I really didn't expect it to be as good as it is. I can see how it could replace a netbook. Last night I was able to watch a couple of full length TV shows from the XfinityTV site using this app, and they looked better than on my laptop.

frapshake

Apr 22, 2011
Frapshake thank you for the info on the app..I tried it & loved it & dont let smart ass people get to you on this forum..have a great day :)

Thanks for that, candita. I'll take your advice. Glad you love the app!

jbenham

Official ATF App Tester
Oct 25, 2011

In't that great? We went out of town for a few days and took our netbook and tablets. We never used the netbook.

candita

Jan 7, 2012
well the only problem im having with it is it staying connected..every few minutes I have to reconnect..it reconnects back right away but I wonder whats causing this?

frapshake

Apr 22, 2011
well the only problem im having with it is it staying connected..every few minutes I have to reconnect..it reconnects back right away but I wonder whats causing this?

I haven't had any disconnection problems at all, so far (knock on wood). I found this support page that talks about it. Since I am fairly new to the forum, I read the rules over again and didn't see any reason why I can't post this link. {If I'm doing something wrong by posting it, moderators please forgive me and gently let me know.}

Lost connection : Splashtop Remote - Support

Tom T

Feb 18, 2011
In't that great? We went out of town for a few days and took our netbook and tablets. We never used the netbook.

No kidding, I can now leave my netbook behind with zero anxiety!