FreeLander PD60 - for the kids?

BHLovell

Jul 31, 2012
Hello, I'm new here and new to tablets. I don't really know much, and was hoping that you all could help me out. I'm looking to get tablets for my kids and my nephew for their birthdays. I'd like to spend $150 or less, and they need to be able to use Netflix and video chat with Grandma on Skype on with the tablets. I compared various specs (not really knowing what all the specs mean lol), and this one appears that it would be the best bang for my buck.

(link didn't work. specs are listed in post below)

Does anyone know anything about this tablet? Or does anyone have one? Will the kids be able to watch Netflix and video chat on Skype with it? Is there a better tablet in the same price range with similar specs (9", 8GB)?

Thanks in advance for your help!

Last edited:

tragidy

Jan 29, 2011
Your link is obfuscated for some reason or another.

However this comes with an A13 chipset id advise A9(10)/Amlogic/RK3066 since they are reliable and about the same price.

BHLovell

Jul 31, 2012
Sorry about that. Let me see if I can copy and paste the specs. It's an FreeLander PD60.

Key Features:
CPU: All Winner A13 Cortex A8 1.0GHz
GPU: Mali 400
RAM: 512MB DDR3
Internal storage capacity: 8GB
External storage: Micro SD card (up to 32GB) - not included
Screen: 9 inch 16:9 TFT LCD capacitive multi-touch panel 800 x 480 (WVGA)
Front camera: 0.3 Megapixel
Flash: Flash 11.1
Support Video Calls Online
Networking:
Wi-Fi: WiFi 802.11 b/g/n Wireless internet
External 3G
3G Web Surfing: Yes
Connectivity:
TF card slot
Mini USB host
3.5mm Headphone jack
DC jack
Supported Media Formats:
Audio format: MP3, WAV, WMA, AACVideo format: 2160P MP4, AVI, MKV, 3GP, RMVB, MOVPicture format: JPG, BMP, PNG, GIFMS Office format: Word, Excel, PPTE-book: PDF, TXT
Languages:
English, French, Spanish, Portuguese, Russian, Dutch, German (Note: If you need any specific language other than English, you must leave us a message when you checkout)
General:
Battery Type: 5000mAh Rechargeable BatteryBattery / Run Time (up to): 6 hours video playing timeAC adapter: 100-240V, 5V 1.5A~2AMaterial of back cover: PlasticG-sensor: YesSkype: YesYoutube: YesSpeakers: YesMIC: Yes
Other APPs:
Browser, Calendar, Camera, Calculator, Clock, Gmail, Market, Settings...
Dimension:
Product weight: 0.512 kgPackage weight: 0.850 kgProduct size (L x W x H): 23.9 x 14.8 x 1.2 cmPackage size (L x W x H): 30.0 x 21.0 x 6.0 cm
Package Contents:
1 x FreeLander PD60 Smart 9 inch Android 4.0 Tablet PC1 x USB Cable1 x OTG Cable1 x Car Charger1 x Earphone
Product Notes:
Download your favorite apps through the Google Play Store or Market installed.Note: This Android tablet is designed only to work with the current Android OS installed in it. Any alterations such as upgrades or flashing a newer version will void the warranty.

tragidy

Jan 29, 2011
CPU: All Winner A13 Cortex A8 1.0GHz = stay away if you can A13 does not mean newer generation its actually like a celeron is to a pentium or i7 extreme

BHLovell

Jul 31, 2012
Okay, now I kind of understand (but not really). A13 is like a slower processor or something? How does this translate to the performance of the tablet? (I REALLY am clueless.)

Wilburnter

Jul 31, 2012
Your link is obfuscated for some reason or another
songht1.jpg
a79.jpg
song2.jpg
song16.jpg

mugglesquop

Jul 30, 2012
the 'best' processor is the A10.

the one you chose has the A13, its a processor that tries to be as good, but just isnt quite there, its less stable and doesnt work as hard.

The processor is the bit that does all the calculations and processes all the information, so a crap one of them will make the whole system worse.