Freezing and Back to Search

patsyscloud

Sep 19, 2014
Hi: I am having such a problem with freezing. I search a site get there , then all by itself it goes back to the search, even as I type this threat it closed and went back to my home page. I had to press search again get here and press new thread. It kept what I had already typed. I just don't know what is going on. Does anyone know where the page I'm on goes when this happens? HELP!!!!!! Please

kevinthefixer

Developer
Feb 10, 2014
More information please! Tablet model, software installed, rooted or no? Custom recovery? What browser are you using? How old is it, has it been optimized? Or backed up? Android version? Any free space on it? (settings>storage). What sort of internet service do you have? The more we know about it from the git-go the better, but just "my car won't run right" isn't enough to start asking the right questions.

patsyscloud

Sep 19, 2014
OK I got info I understand. Model A70M-Android Version 3.4.5-Browser Google. The 7"tablet is 4 weeks old. Jellybean. It has 4GB. Available space 1.98GB. The only thing I downloaded is AVG free anti virus. My Server is Sympatico. I don't know what optimized is. As far as backed up , the areas checked are automatic restore and back up my data. Thats all I know. I think Facebook is causing some of my problems. Even when I am not signed in I get popups. So can you help me?

kevinthefixer

Developer
Feb 10, 2014
Sorry but that's more confusing than ever. If you are on Jellybean then Android version has to be 4.2 or 4.3. Model A70M--what manufacturer? By "browser Google" do you mean the stock browser that came with the tablet or Google Chrome?

I would try removing AVG. Antivirus programs are resource hogs by nature (How much RAM do you have?). If you can, remove the Facebook app also, if not freeze it. It is a horrible program, will take up all the RAM it can get and generally make life miserable. You can access Facebook from a browser if you must, you don't need a dedicated app for it.

When I asked what sort of internet service I didn't make myself clear. Do you get it from a cable company, satellite service, or ground-based radio? All too often software developers forget that some users have to deal with a significant light-speed lag, usually with satellite-based systems.

I think the best general advice I can give is to do a factory reset (Settings>Backup & Reset>Factory Data Reset in Jelly Bean). You will have to re-enter your GMail account and your wi-fi passwords after that, and if you have anything else on the tab that you want to keep, transfer it somewhere off the tablet. Usually it's easiest to put it on a micro-SD card and then remove the card before the reset operation.

Good luck!