Freezing the icons/shortcuts

microsvc

Jul 16, 2013
How can the shortcuts be made so they cannot be moved or deleted (frozen), but still work? I don't want to lock the device as I still need to use it.
Thanks!

leeshor

Dec 27, 2011
I'm wondering why you would want to do that. The icons should not move on their own. I must be missing something.

I don't think there is a way to stop someone from moving them on purpose.

Frederuco

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jul 6, 2011
Some launchers have an option to lock the homescreens. I use Apex and I know it has the option.

I can see where this could be handy for kids, or people who don't know how it works.

I remember when my mom was learning to use a mouse on an Windoze. Icons got moved all over the screen and there were duplicate shortcuts all over the place.

microsvc

Jul 16, 2013
I'm wondering why you would want to do that. The icons should not move on their own. I must be missing something.

I don't think there is a way to stop someone from moving them on purpose.

My 3-year old likes to play games on the device, and she also likes to move things around, and delete things. I'm trying to allow her to play the games and prevent her from moving the icons around.

Frederuco

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jul 6, 2011
Install Apex Launcher (free version). Set up the home screens how you want them.

Open the App Drawer and hit the menu button in the top right and choose Lock Desktop:

VI1PRis.png