Frequently Ask Questions & Answers

KillerKink

Developer
Mar 16, 2011
Frequently Ask Questions & Answers for Teclast P76ti

$p76ti_02.jpg

Why is my touchscreen not working after firmware upgrade?

There are currently two revisions of P76ti. Rev 1 & 2 have the same hardware specification except that they use different touch controller. Revision 1(earlier release) has the Goodix controller while Revision 2 use FocalTech controller. Rev 1 ROM are not compatible with Rev 2 ROM while Rev 2 ROM can be use for Rev 1 as the ROM contain both touchscreen drivers.

My Tablet has hung and is not reponding

Hold the power button for more than 8 seconds to force shutdown.

How do I install ClockworkMod for P76Ti?

You can get it by installing KKRomkit(Gingerbread) or KKRomkit9(ICS). Its an apk which can install CWM in a few clicks.

Tablet cannot boot into android. How can I get into ClockworkMod Recovery

Hold the BACK key(for at least 4 sec after turning on) and power on the tablet.

How to I flash an official firmware image?

1. Run the livesuite program that come with the firmware
2. Select the firmware image
3. Connect USB table to p76ti and PC
4. Hold the power button for more than 10s(this will force shut the tablet)
5. Use needle pin to press and hold a small hole on the back near the power/menu buttons.
6. Hold the power butoon for more than 5 sec and release
7. If you have not install the usb driver, windows will prompt you to install(choose from the driver that come with the firmware pack)
8. Livesuit will prompt to you to select if you wish to format the storage.

If you have a solution to a problem that you feel will benefit another, do add on to it. :)

Last edited:

fratello

Jun 12, 2012
HI ! My Teclast P76Ti it's on the road ... The seller tell me the tablet canot be used while charging, because bad react of touch :( ...
How it's yours tablets ? Can/canot be used while charging ? Thanks in advance for reply !
Regards !

Spider

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 24, 2011
Hello fratello, welcome to the forum and congratulations on your new tablet. Before doing anything with the tablet I'd suggest you click this link http://www.androidtablets.net/forum...-one-guide-how-start-your-android-tablet.html for some general information regarding getting started with a new tablet.

The answer to your question depends on the brand of tablet you have. Some can be used while charging, like my Nooks and some can't. Hopefully someone with your brand will reply here with a definitive answer. If not, check the owner's manual in the section about charging the tablet. That's usually where they tell you if you can or can't use it while charging. If you don't get a manual, or it's printed in a language you can't understand, see if the manufacturer's website has a FAQ or place to ask questions.

Enjoy the forum and your new tablet!

fratello

Jun 12, 2012
Thank You for reply !
I am an "old" user of tablets... My previous tablets was : LY-F1 (can use while charging), ZTPAD 280-C9 upgrade (idem), EKEN T01 (canot be used ...). Now I buy this for my son, as a gift for great results at school !

fratello

Jun 12, 2012
Thanks, I am indeed verry proud !
I just received my Teclast ! First impresion : the screen it's "harsh", not "soft" like my previous tablets , the fingers dont move smoothly ... The construction it's ok, speed reaction seems to be good. I will try tomorrow if can be used while charging and I will post the results ! I will try the Gameloft/EA Games too... Regards !

fratello

Jun 12, 2012
Answer to my question : tablet it's unusable while charging :( ... Maybe because of charger (through mini-USB port) ?!
I am a little dissapointed ... LY-F1 not have this problem. This is it !
I tried : Air Attack (1&2), TurboFly 3D, Shine Runner - working. I have not tried yet Gameloft/Ea Games.
Regards !

Spider

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 24, 2011
Thanks for coming back to let us know fratello. Sorry it didn't work while charging, but your son still has a nice prize for his hard work at school.:eek:

fratello

Jun 12, 2012
I just tried ...and I can confirm : work fine while charging trough USB-port (even ratio of charging it's smaller). I think the problem it's in charger "hardware" ... I read that changing charger solve the problem !
Thanks for support ! Regards !

fratello

Jun 12, 2012
...and the response from TECLAST : " The tablet is unusable while charging. It's because of charger. "

fratello

Jun 12, 2012
This is how original charger look ... It's not an "elaborate" schematic ; not protected output (just one Zenner diode) ! Low cost
frown.png
charger ...

Attachments

• $Charger_1 (Medium).JPG
    $Charger_1 (Medium).JPG
    51.6 KB · Views: 730
  • $Charger_2 (Medium).JPG
    $Charger_2 (Medium).JPG
    48.7 KB · Views: 756

Spider

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 24, 2011
Looks good, as long as the output 5V matches that of the stock charger and the polarity is correct. You certainly are determined to use that tablet while charging it.:eek:

BTW You might be interested in this article regarding charging Li-Ion batteries: Charging Lithium-Ion Batteries