freshen up Kyros 9742

ThatBloke

Sep 9, 2012
wonder if someone can advise.
I own this tablet mainly for playing films and crappy little games for my little lad when on holiday.
Ive owned this tablet for a couple of years now so is there anything i can do or use to freshen it up and make it quicker?

Traveller

Administrator
Staff member
Jun 16, 2012
Get a new tablet. The Allwinner processor seriously can't keep up. My Dell Streak with its Snapdragon processor is far faster despite being a device from 2010.

vampirefo.

Developer
Nov 8, 2011
The cm10 rom helps, as stated though the tablet is dated.

Sent from my IdeaTabA2109A ICS Android Tablet

vampirefo.

Developer
Nov 8, 2011
Get a new tablet. The Allwinner processor seriously can't keep up. My Dell Streak with its Snapdragon processor is far faster despite being a device from 2010.

Agreed, the single cores day has came and went, Heck my new cell phone is 8 core 6" screen.

kevinthefixer

Developer
Feb 10, 2014
I have to disagree. For the uses stated above, the 9742 is near perfect. Read over the gen3 development thread, then install Vampirefo's upright CWM recovery. Wipe and format everything (after backing it all up!), then install the Mobiz_v2 ROM. Install SuperSU, Browser2RAM and SD Booster (all free from Play Store). Freeze or uninstall any apps you don't need (this custom ROM doesn't have a lot of them anyway). Mine won't keep up with my Asus Transformer 300, but it's responsive and fun to use although it takes about 3-4 minutes to get up to speed. I usually take it to work with me and surf the net during my lunch break.

Many thanks to both Traveller1701 and Vampirefo for making this possible.

--Kevin