FroYo/2.2 Coming Week of April 11?

J515OP

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2011
the new update is 2.2 froyo.

I'm most interested in the status bar and how the nook will handle full screen apps like angry birds etc.

These are good points since the original Nook layout has no provisions for the Android navigation buttons. It will be interesting to see how they have addressed this.

J515OP

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2011
exactly, i posted this on xda, but it appears that a screen shot of the pulse app, shows honeycomb style navigation buttons.

i'm betting its photochopped.

Explore - Barnes & Noble

I'm thinking they took a stock photo from pulse off of like the xoom and put that on the nook screen ("screen images simulated" type of thing). This happened a while back where the Verizon iPhones had a AT&T screen on them in early promotional materials.

The buttons are missing in the mycast weather shot.

Edit: Definitely no honeycomb buttons. You can see it in the pics in the engadget link that was posted. There is a little green 'n' in the notification area that may launch buttons (will have to watch the video and see).

Edit2: Nope, no Android soft buttons. Big bummer after seeing the newest CM7 tablet tweaks and how well they work. Also seems to be pretty laggy in the video. I am not sure that seeing a video like that is going to sell many people on the nook. It actually seemed worse that the current versions running Android 2.1 which doesn't make a lot of sense. Of course we all know with a little love and some OC this ting actually flies.

Last edited:

bluewhite79

Mar 21, 2011
one person on XDA is saying this update breaks root even with CWM installed. trying to get answers on what happens, because i'm at work and can't get to my nook.

i'm wondering if i come home to a messed up nook (CWM on there or did it go back to stock recovery?). Did it push me to stock 1.2? or did it leave me with CM7, but with S broken all over the place.

jonesygirl

Feb 9, 2011
Just my opinion from what I saw so far. Quick! Somebody root it! Lol.

Sent from my HTC Aria using Android Tablet Forum

Candlestick

Mar 30, 2011

bluewhite79

Mar 21, 2011
i'm trying to verify.

If you are autnootered, the update might break root. So to fix this, I think you have to downgrade back to 1.1 and reflash autonooter. Or, if you have CWM installed, I think you can just flash a NAND backup.

But i'm not sure....

If you're on Nookiefroyo (or variant) or CM7 (or variant) on eMMC, I don't htink it breaks anything. again, trying to verify.

darmeen

Jan 8, 2011
If you are on a custom ROM there is nothing to break since you don't have the b&n version installed anymore...the only ones who might be at risk are those just running autonooter

No trees were harmed in the sending of this message...although a few electrons were inconvenienced

Calanthe42

Apr 25, 2011
Noob here. Upgraded NC this morning when it first came out...not impressed. The addition of flash to stock NC is nice and for some reason the 30+ books I had in Documents got moved to books (including cover art!) Over on B&N Forums several people said it happened to them too. But going back to sd card Nookie Froyo. Apps are very expensive and limited...mostly kid's things. Nookie Froyo works fine.