Froyo (Android 2.2) Running on FT2 Series Tablets! CONFIRMED!

ubidubi

Nov 16, 2011
Thanks a lot for your help but tell me......Do i put all those files in a SD card and turn the tablet on just like the previous procedure?...or there is a particular way to do it?....I'm sorry to disturb you but I need to know to do it correctly. Thanks a lot.

Pakasma

Jan 17, 2012
Thanks, but... I'm afraid I'm late.
I've only located Android 2.1. v3245 at Megaupload, and believe this is a very bad moment to download. The same with Youtube Fix.
Any idea? Any possibility of uploading to another server?
Thanks again.

Kiril

Jul 27, 2012
Good day,

I would like to congratulate you on this detailed procedure for updating the android rom.
But i wish to know is this firmware suitable for the SAWEE10 INFOTMIC tablet with ANDROID 2.2 V2.1 #3925 BUILD NUMBER FRF85B KERNEL 2.6.32.9
Many of the users have had problems with this tablet, because it is an copy of a copy :D

Best regards, Kiril

geofferyh

Jan 4, 2011
Download and use WinHex. Really. Do you know that the WinHex download is a free evaluation (DEMO) copy. To use the Disk Imaging (raw/dd) and Disk Cloning feature requires an upgrade at EUR 37.73! How about something in the shareware category. What about "HxD Hex Editor" (www.mh-nexus.de) as an alternative to WinHex. Or something else.

I am a bit out of my element here but, seems to me like after using HxD to "Open" SDCard.img, you could just use "Save as..." to save the image file to an SDCard mounted on your Windows XP computer. Then use the SDCard to upgrade to Froyo 2.2.

Any comment???

exclusive

Feb 22, 2012
dear sir
i have superpad 2 flytouch 2 256 and i upgrade it to new firmware 4325 2.2 ver 5 the last one every thing is grade and ok but we need 1) 3g dongle not work and APN dont save the dongle configuration 2) we need to move app to sd card 3) arabic support for browser 4) static wifi not stable.
plz the most important is 3g dongle and i try many things and install app from market but nothing happen.
waiting u replay thnx a lot

andrusito

Sep 24, 2013
Hi. I already upgraded the firmware to 2.2. following the instructions, however, does anyone know if it is possible to do a fresh install of Android 2.3 on a FT2 tablet? I don't like the crap apps coming with the original firmware. Please provide the instructions or links if you know how

Last edited:

leeb

Jul 16, 2011
Before I would offer any suggestions, I would want to know which system board you have in there, as offering the wrong one would cause infinite grief.

2.3 is about the newest version you would want to try to use with a 256 Mb RAM device... tho that is not set in stone. :p

andrusito

Sep 24, 2013
Before I would offer any suggestions, I would want to know which system board you have in there, as offering the wrong one would cause infinite grief.

2.3 is about the newest version you would want to try to use with a 256 Mb RAM device... tho that is not set in stone. :p

Thanks, Leeb. I have a EPAD FLYTOUCH 2 TABLET PC 10" 2GB GPS HDMI 1GHZ. Let me know if you need additional details.

leeb

Jul 16, 2011
Unfortunately yes...
Does it look like this?
$SUC50142-2.JPG

Or, does it look more like this?
$Dk1031M-3.JPG

In other words, I need to know the model number OF THE BOARD IOT suggest what to do with it...

Not gonna help you lock the beast up by suggesting something you might regret. :rolleyes:

:D

andrusito

Sep 24, 2013
Thanks for your reply! I managed to open the case but didn't see something similar, unless I have to unscrew the board, which I'm not comfortable with doing so... I took a picture of it, semi-open.$300920132362[1].jpg By looking at it I think it looks more like the 2nd picture you attached. Please let me know