Froyo (Android 2.2) Running on FT2 Series Tablets! CONFIRMED!

mc02671

Apr 16, 2011
it isnt a problem unless you turn on the media player and leave it running in the background

Actually it is a problem and a few have already discussed it in the forums. But to be sure i also check waht you said , the noise still exists although i end almost all processes.

Mar 20, 2011
Actually it is a problem and a few have already discussed it in the forums. But to be sure i also check waht you said , the noise still exists although i end almost all processes.

oddly i havent even noticed it since i updated.
but i found if you have the volume down to one bar below mute when powering up it seems to turn the speakers off until you need them. but after a test with the volume turned fully up then yes the noise persists.

my apoligies

Pearl

Feb 5, 2011
Hi All

Oops.

I performed the upgrade and it went very smoothly, complete in a few mins .... but :

1. it now runs verrrrrrrry slowly, click....wait ages, then something may happen

2. I added the power widget and clicked the screen brightness, big mistake, blank screen and I can't seem to get brightness back

Now when I boot, I get the equalizer screen and scrolling android but then darkness... any one any ideas ?

Can I just go back to 3245 ?

Mar 20, 2011
I'm just going to re-install :)

your first boot after install will be slow as hell as the software establishes the new driver setup etc.

Quick fix:

* press and hold your power button for 10 seconds
* switch wifi to ON (initial boot may require a sync for some apps)
* wait for boot back to unlock screen and unlock as normal.
* wait for your time and weather app to sync
* click on settings/running apps
* turn of all extraneous apps
* back to home screen and wait 15-30 seconds

all should now be running a lot more smoothly

SmaRkieS

Apr 15, 2011
Good evening,

Onion6.gif

I have a SuperPad with stock OS/Firmware Version.

Today I successfully update to the stock unofficial room 3245.

http://www.androidtablets.net/forum...android2-1-stable-smooth-fast-unofficial.html

I boot the Superpad, and everything works perfectly.

Then I decide to update to new android 2.2

- First Flashing ---- screen blinks 2 times, and continues blinking of screen.
- 2nd reflashing ---- after flashing, remove microSD and moved to 2nd slot.

--- booting..... and stock at ANDROID screen, I leave it for about 30mins still stock on ANDROID.

- Reseting.... power on.. tux logo... equalizer...ANDROID screen... FREEZING...

any help?

Onion16.gif

EDIT:

Still no luck... still FREEEEEEZZZZZIIIINNNGGG!!

A_038.gif

my brain is loading....

av4.gif

Ohhh.. DOWNGRADE!

A_056.gif

- Plug card reader back to PC.
- WinHex microSD
- Clone back to 705mb
- copy again the android folder (3245)
- remove microSD from card reader.

- Insert to slot1 of mSD.
- power on... Cross Finger.
- updating... updating... updating... burning..
- self reboot... small A N D R O I D _
- ANDROID logo... blink (beep) sound
- .... Slide to unlock..

- Boom no hang it's back to normal.... THANK GOD!!!

245.gif

offtopic.gif

But it's not yet Android 2.2... it's ok aslong It's back to normal.

Onion66.gif

Last edited:

hystrix

Jan 29, 2011
Open root explorer and browse to /system/etc/wifi/

Once in the wifi folder, edit tiwlan.ini by long press on the file and open in text editor. Dont type in the stuff in brackets, its just there to help you understand what to do.
There isn't any tiwlan.ini in that folder in my flytouch...

Remember to set channel 11 for the tethering, as I could not get it to work when it was at default channel 6 using the default android 2.2 tethering. I had set it to channel 11, but when using another wifi software to check the channel, it remained at channel 6, so I just downloaded a different wifi tethering software onto an android phone, configure the settings and it worked.
How can i choose channel 11 on my tablet?

Thank you!

Pearl

Feb 5, 2011
your first boot after install will be slow as hell as the software establishes the new driver setup etc.

Quick fix:

* press and hold your power button for 10 seconds
* switch wifi to ON (initial boot may require a sync for some apps)
* wait for boot back to unlock screen and unlock as normal.
* wait for your time and weather app to sync
* click on settings/running apps
* turn of all extraneous apps
* back to home screen and wait 15-30 seconds

all should now be running a lot more smoothly

Hi, yes the GUI is lightening quick, it's everything else, like browsing, and navigating, is very slow. I think the navigation issue is the calibration is off, difficult to be sure a click has clicked.

I'm not sure there's any benefit over 2.1 as flash doesn't work still (apart from the fun of trying it).

Mar 20, 2011
the calibration is off

yea im still having a hell of a time unlocking that

the original ROM has it locked down and i simply cannot find a way round it, but i will updat this thread with a fix as soon as i find or can develop one, for now i found that simply using the stylus had helped with browsing quite significantly

hystrix

Jan 29, 2011
I still have problems with 3G / Telephony apps and adhoc wifi network.
I don't see those scripts using GScript Lite. How can i make those scripts appear??
Thanks

nahum

Feb 21, 2011
will the v4 of this ROM work on the ICAN Pad (it does not appear in the list of Pads for this ROM, but I understand it is compatible to the flytouch 2). Today I have on my ICAN PAD Android 2.1 and the build No. is: deb-r2.1.1561. On booting I see the Ican screen and not the INFOTMIC screen, thus I suspect it does not have the u-boot version 0.6.1.5 installed.
What can I do in order to install this ROM on my PAD.

Last edited:
Mar 20, 2011
will the v4 of this ROM work on the ICAN Pad (it does not appear in the list of Pads for this ROM, but I understand it is compatible to the flytouch 2). Today I have on my ICAN PAD Android 2.1 and the build No. is: deb-r2.1.1561. On booting I see the Ican screen and not the INFOTMIC screen, thus I suspect it does not have the u-boot version 0.6.1.5 installed.
What can I do in order to install this ROM on my PAD.

at this time the only Tablets that can use this firmware have been listed due to some unfortunate compatability issues.
you see the firmware was designed to run on the Flytouch 3 (with the 500+ RAM) the tablets listed have essentially the same 0r 99.99% compatible internals bar the increased RAM so after breaking 2.2 we knew it would be 100% functional abet a little slower to boot and run.

to be honest i have never come across your tablet and with that in mind i cannot advise an update at this time.

Last edited: